Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JAY4114

P14 rocker

What is the rocker like on a Bauer p14 curve? I usually gravitate towards flatter rockers which is why I use a p88 but I would like something more open. The p90tm wasn’t bad but I felt like the toe was too high sometimes

Bauer P14 is very rockered at the toe. Closer to P28 than P88 in that area.

P89 might be interesting for you if you can find it. It’s a bit more open than P88. Easton’s version was even a bit more open than that. It’s a beautiful curve but it’s subtle, so it’s never taken off at retail.

9 hours ago, flip12 said:

Bauer P14 is very rockered at the toe. Closer to P28 than P88 in that area.

P89 might be interesting for you if you can find it. It’s a bit more open than P88. Easton’s version was even a bit more open than that. It’s a beautiful curve but it’s subtle, so it’s never taken off at retail.

Is it flatter around heel and mid of the blade? Also is the toe as rockered as the p28? I didn’t mind that curve as much besides the openness

1 hour ago, JAY4114 said:

Is it flatter around heel and mid of the blade? Also is the toe as rockered as the p28? I didn’t mind that curve as much besides the openness

Check out the T27 by TRUE. Similar to the P14 but less rocker. If you can't find any good pics online, I can snap some for you. I recently moved from the P90 to the T27. 

15 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

Check out the T27 by TRUE. Similar to the P14 but less rocker. If you can't find any good pics online, I can snap some for you. I recently moved from the P90 to the T27. 

Why did you switch from the P90tm? Which True stick are you using? And why do you like it better than the Jetspeed, FT Ghost, and/or Ribcor?

20 hours ago, VegasHockey said:

I was actually thinking of buying a lower end true to test the curve and hopefully get better durability than their higher end models. Is the lie actually a 6 or does it feel lower? I’ve read both from other places. 

Edited by JAY4114

45 minutes ago, JAY4114 said:

I was actually thinking of buying a lower end true to test the curve and hopefully get better durability than their higher end models. Is the lie actually a 6 or does it feel lower? I’ve read both from other places. 

Its a 5 lie. 

On 12/30/2023 at 6:09 PM, VegasHockey said:

How’s the rocker and openness compared to the p90tm?

4 hours ago, JAY4114 said:

How’s the rocker and openness compared to the p90tm?

There is no rocker, it's very flat like a P88. 

The blade opens a lot at the toe, like the P90. It slightly more open than the P90. It is definitely a curve for a shooter. 

17 minutes ago, VegasHockey said:

There is no rocker, it's very flat like a P88. 

The blade opens a lot at the toe, like the P90. It slightly more open than the P90. It is definitely a curve for a shooter. 

Does the toe hook and rocker like the 90? From pictures it looks like it’s a little less of both. Also are you talking about the p90tm or the ccm’s pro stock p90?

Edited by JAY4114