Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Leif

True TF9 vs custom

Does anyone know how the True TF9 compares with Bauer Custom and True custom skates? I have Bauer Custom 2S Pro skates, 5 years old, scruffy, holders replaced once, but still fully functional. The TF9 are now available at a low price. At some stage my Bauers will fail, maybe next month, maybe in a few years, hence my interest. 

I’m not a high level player, just casual, two scrimmages a week plus one public skate practice. I’m only 11 stone 10 pounds, or 164 pounds, so not heavy. My feet have a half size difference, I am in between Bauer 1 and 2 foot shapes, or Supreme and Vapor in old money. They are widest at the toes. My Bauer’s are so comfortable, I’ve worn them for 4 hours without issues. Comfort is my key requirement, I don’t care about differences in performance between the higher level skates. I am a decent skater in terms of edge control i.e I can do three turns, crossrolls and power pulls. 

Edited by Leif

I have both a TF9 and a True Custom, the TF9 is a goalie skate and the Custom is a player skate. I had gotten the Custom when it was the only option, and hesitated going back to retail fit but my skate guy at ensured me that he was confident about fitting me in a TF9.

TF9 took about a month to really break in even after a proper wrapped heat mold, at first I thought I had made a mistake but two games in and they were 80% there, and six games in and they felt pretty good with zero pains (except for 1 issue which turned out to be my fault entirely). I still prefer a Custom but the TF9 is pretty close. My feet have a half size difference too. I think I will get whatever replaces the TF9 if these ones fail.

• Like 1