Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Goon

Bauer Powerfly Holder Pitch

Has anyone noticed that the Powerfly holder has more of a flat pitch than the previous Tuuk LS Edge holder?

Just switched to Vapor X5 Pro skates from my previous Vapor APX ones and I’ve had to add a heel shim to adjust the pitch as I kept feeling like I’m leaning backwards. 

I’m assuming it’s the holder anyway. Not sure why else there would be a pitch difference when staying with the Vapor line. Blade profile is the same between the skates. 

Edited by Goon

22 hours ago, Goon said:

Has anyone noticed that the Powerfly holder has more of a flat pitch than the previous Tuuk LS Edge holder?

Just switched to Vapor X5 Pro skates from my previous Vapor APX ones and I’ve had to add a heel shim to adjust the pitch as I kept feeling like I’m leaning backwards. 

I’m assuming it’s the holder anyway. Not sure why else there would be a pitch difference when staying with the Vapor line. Blade profile is the same between the skates. 

Pitch is the same

1 hour ago, VegasHockey said:

Yes.

Cool. Certainly explains why the heel lifts have made the skates feel more “normal” to me. 

Edited by Goon

On 4/11/2024 at 8:15 PM, nchan2000 said:

Would it be better to pitch the skate blade rather than insert a shim?

Either works. If you have someone skilled with profiling, I would pitch the blade, but the easier method is a shim. 

If you're happy with the blade manufacturer's stock profile, then I'd get a shim. If you're going to get the blade profiled anyways, you might as well just have the pitch added to the profile.