Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SB39

Vector PF8 questions

Before I get flamed for not searching, I have practice tomorrow and I want to be able to use my new skates, so I'm asking now: Are the Vector PF's bakeable/how? and Can I reorder the chassis for a traditional hi-lo setup? Thanks

Yes PF8's are bakeable,and also you dont need to order new chassis The Vector PF8 will still use a normal hi-lo setup. All do need to do is change wheels. Do note that the wheels set-up the Vector has feels EXACTALLY like a hi-lo.

Yes thats correct a Hi-lo setup can still be used. You gotta buy a few new wheels of course..................................but they made the chassis so you can still use a Hi-lo setup.

I stay away from baking my skates because I fear it causes premature breakdown of the skate. I prefer the old fashioned way of breaking them in. And yeah, the PF8s were like the only skates I had that didn't give me pain when breaking them in.

i havent' seen them close up in a while..but do the PF8's have some sort of rocket offset to recreate the wheel difference..especially in the middle 2 wheels??

the pic on HG shows something to that effect it seems..but since they make no mention of it onthe CCM site, likely for patent reasons...i'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned earlier..

Yes they are bakeable, for about two to three minutes, but you can't skate on them for 24 hours. You want to give the the glue enough time to settle before using them.

To answer you question Im pretty sure all of CCM's 2005 skates have this wheel setup. An 80mm in the back, two 76mm's in the middle positions and a 72mm in the front.

I understand the Tri Di setup...and the skates i had seen, granted it was a long time ago in a focus group...didn't have a feature where you can switch them back..

if its 72-76 76 80..you can't switch to a 72 72 80 80 without some major odd rockering issues..the 2nd wheel wouldn't touch..and the third would push the back one in the air..granted I'll see them tomorrow.

when i saw this pic it looked as if the axles might have a multiple option setup

http://us.st6.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/h...nt_1831_2188758

From looking at the pics in Jim's link, the wheel hubs appear to "cam" adjustable, but as the rear wheel in the pic seems to already be in the highest position and has an 80 mm wheel, I would guess that the alternatives are to put in a 76 mm for a straight 76 mm chassis, or a 72 mm for a rockered rear effect.

The front wheel appears to be a 72 mm and that appears to be a rockered arrangement and in the "mid" position", so the alternative there would appear to be to rotate the hub to it's highest position, and put in a 76 mm wheel(limited due to sole/wheel clearance) wheel...

Thus I would hazard a guess that the set ups available might be as follows : 80, 76,76,76,(kind of a high low) ......... 76,76,76,76.........72,76,76,72, or the original 80, 76, 76, 72.

Update: played a tournament saturday, and they were great. My feet hurt, but with new, unbaked, stiffass skates they should have hurt much more. and I found a new way to tie them: tie them as tight as possible so I can't feel my feet, then take a 500mg aspirin to prevent swelling and pain, then grip it and rip it. Great skates that I'll be reviewing after regionals next month