Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sniper407

Elbow Injury

I fell in a game on Friday and my elbow pad came up my forearm and I slammed my elbow on the ice. I've heard stories of people breaking their elbow and not knowing it for weeks and I was wondering just how you can tell... mine hurts to lean on but not to move.. Can anyone help me out with this? We have a big game this week (winner takes regular season championship) and I want to play...

You should get an x-ray!!! But, if the x-ray results are negative and you still have symptoms, you might need a bone scan to see if the bone was cracked but not broken enough for the x-ray to discern.

If you are lucky, you simply burst or irritated a bursa sac in your elbow. The body responds to this irritation by putting more fluid into the bursa sac, which makes the condition worse (makes your elbow more tender), and then even more fluid is produced (bursitis). This condition could become chronic until you rest your elbow.

Man, that happens to me a lot. It's called water-on-the-elbow as some of my teammates put it. Like you said its just where it's tender, its probably nothing serious and it just hurts for a while when you put pressure on directly onto the elbow. It'll go away not too long and you can play with it, it's no biggy.

Thanks guys. I think I will do to doctor on monday (because of the super bowl and i want to miss a little school) just to be safe because the spot hasn't gotten any better or worse over the last 3 days and I went on WebMD and looked some stuff up and I have some of the symptoms that they listed as "See Medical Professional Right Away".

And, do you know if for a broken elbow I have to wear a cast? or is it just a splint?

Thanks again.

sniper407: so, how did the x-ray turn out and what did the doctor say? Did you get to play the game, and who won?

that exact same thing happened to me a week ago.

it hurt wicked bad whenever i touched it, a week later it is still a little sore if i hit it good. i had a game the day after i did it and it didnt hurt too bad as long as my elbow pad stayed on in the right.