Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Kuzak Split Frame

As I understand it, the Kuzak Split frame is a Hi-Lo set-up, but is set for 68-76mm wheels rather than the standard 72-80mm. Can the 72-80mm be placed in without and damage or will that cause problems?

Unless my eyes are failing me, it looks like the setup on my Kuzak frame is 72/80. I rollerblade for conditioning, so I know absolutely nothing about frames and wheels. However, they spin without any problems.

MDE, what would I notice if there was interference?

On the originals I have seen, the wheels would have touched each other...Not to say Kuzak did not make a larger version later on.....The 68,68,76,76 chassis I looked at years ago was a "small" for a size 7.5 skate and could not have taken the larger wheels....The chassis' were sold without the wheels, and that was one of the first things I asked at the pro shop....."couldn't I just put on the larger wheels"?

I wanted to buy it because it was about $50.00 cheaper than the Labeda HiLo at the time (May 1997) They may have responded to complaints from customers and gone to conventional HiLo set up, because finding 68 mm wheels was not always easy..at the time you could only get them from Kuzak I believe.

Maybe the version that Easy is looking at could accept them too?

Thanks. I guess the fact that when I've skated in them I haven't fallen flat on my face is a good sign. :D The wheels on them are Hyper Unity and seem to move freely, so I think I'm OK with this particular setup.