Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

What is the best height for hockey players?

I think its a pointless question. It doesn't matter how big you are, its what you do with it. Look at St. Louis and Chara. Two extremes, yet two of the NHL's best. Size doesn't dictate anything unless you allow it to.

there is no best height. its all about the size of their heart. look at a guy like st. louis and a guy like thornton. two totally different sized players, both are superstars and just as effective as the other.

This topic is retarted. Marty St. Louis is like 5'8 and he plays with alot of heart and like a warrior and he lead the league in points. He's not out there on the ice laying guys out like a guy 6' might be able to do but thats not everything about hockey. Steve Sullivan anyone? Did I mention this topic is retarted?

Weight really doesn't matter either. Todd Bertuzzi is 245+ and has very good speed, Darcy Tucker is 175ish and can throw some of the best hits in the league.

I read in a book that 6"2" is the best height and 180 pounds.It doesnt mean that if your 6"2" 180pounds you will be a great player. And it doesnt mean your are 5"6-5"7-5"8 like St louis Sullivan that you will be bad or not dominant

I read in a book that 6"2" is the best height and 180 pounds.It doesnt mean that if your 6"2" 180pounds you will be a great player. And it doesnt mean your are 5"6-5"7-5"8 like St louis Sullivan that you will be bad or not dominant

Which book was this?

And yes, Kosy...It is skinny. Even before last month at 6'2" I was 200. And I think that is normal.

It's a french book the title is:

Le joueur de hockey by Georges Larivìere

it means The hockey player

Theo...

MARTIN ST. LOUIS 26

Right Wing

Height  5' 9"

Weight  181

Shoots  Left

Born  Jun 18, 1975

LAVAL, QC, CAN

From NHL.com :wub: (I just needed to use that smiley once)

The smaller guys like St. Louis, Comrie, Sullivan, etc. are talented players but you need the big guys to balance things out. I agree there's no ideal size to be, but St. Louis would have more difficulty playing so well if it wasn't for the bigger and also skilled guys on his team to help out (e.g. Lecavalier). A team of 5'9" players would face a touch match against the likes of a bigger Boston team, for example. Not that they can't do it, but it's more challenging. And St. Louis isn't really small at 180-some lbs., he's just not really tall.

Blake is listed at 5'10 so that would make st.louis an inch smaller. Why would they not post their real sizes?

Either way, back on topic, in hockey its how you use your size that matters. One of the "bigger" guys who skated around and did nothing wouldent make him one of the best hockey players even if he fits your (kovy_ribs) criteria for the best hockey player.

Theo...
  MARTIN ST. LOUIS 26

Right Wing

Height  5' 9"

Weight  181

Shoots  Left

Born  Jun 18, 1975

LAVAL, QC, CAN

From NHL.com :wub: (I just needed to use that smiley once)

They always fudge the height/weight for smaller players. They also have Tucker listed as 5"10 180 when in all actuality, hes 5'10" on skates.

for the height of players, it depends on what site do you go,

On one site they write 5"11,another 6"0 and another 6"1 for Mike Ribeiro so it deoends of the site you are.

I know it's stupid that they not put the real height of players. This is really really stupid they have nothing to show with the height of some one

St Louis is 5-5 or 5-6 he's even said so himself. Ribeiro is also well under 6'. I have to echo Kosy's statement that this is a pointless topic as height doesn't have as big an impact as about 20 other aspects of ability and I don't want to see polls on them either.

St Louis is 5-5 or 5-6 he's even said so himself. Ribeiro is also well under 6'. I have to echo Kosy's statement that this is a pointless topic as height doesn't have as big an impact as about 20 other aspects of ability and I don't want to see polls on them either.

There is other pointless topic but its always interesting to have the opinion of everyone

St Louis is 5-5 or 5-6 he's even said so himself. Ribeiro is also well under 6'.  I have to echo Kosy's statement that this is a pointless topic as height doesn't have as big an impact as about 20 other aspects of ability and I don't want to see polls on them either.

There is other pointless topic but its always interesting to have the opinion of everyone

Why post it if you know its pointless? Everyone isn't showing interest in this, they are trying to prove to you that you are wrong, but obviously that isn't working too well.