Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misteremanca

Chowder Cup Anyone?

I've played or reffed that tournament for each of the last 11 years. It's a pretty good take. If you get a chance, take in a Super A game or two.

There is always confusion. The link above is for the chowder cup that has been going on for over a decade. It is for older players, 20+, and I hear it is a hoot.

There is another TOTALY UNRELATED chowder cup in boston for Junior aged players, with lots of scouts. This one is put on by www.proamhockey.com. It is very good if you are trying to be scouted. It is similar in play and scout draw to the beantown classic tournament.

You know what I would do, if you are driving by yourself, I would get a hotel along the beach somewhere south of Boston, but on the mainland side of the cape canal. That way you can party on the beach at night, and play hockey all day (a perfect summer!). Walpole is pretty close to the beach, and there is not a heck of a lot to do in Walpole! You do not actually want to be across the cape cod canal, as the traffic down there is very unpredictable and you might have trouble making a game.

thanks for the feedback guys..........this adult chowder cup looks like the ticket. We are looking for a tourney that would be a bit of a trip for our beer league team....

Vegas is an option, and likely cheaper too, but Boston is a classic hockey city and the guys got really pumped about that one.

But are you saying there are no scouts like at the proam one for Jr. players? I don't know if it is worth our time to go if we aren't scouted.

:D

hah!

We would likely need scouts to help us find out way home!

cheers