Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crosskore

Skating

I dont know if we mean the same thing, but iv seen ice treadmills. Iam moving to a place that has an arena with one of those, iam gonna get a membership and be there 24/7 :D Does anyone have any experiance with these? good? bad?

what is the best way to work the muscle in your legs for pure strength.

Squats are key, they work almost every muscle in your legs. My leg workout consists of, Squats, Leg Press, Stiff Leg Deadlift (awesome for hamstrings), Leg Press Calf Raises, and Standing Calf Raises (Smith Machine or Squat Bar)

Also, make sure you have a pretty strong core before you jump into pylometrics because you can hurt yourself very easily. My advice is to get in a few weeks of hard leg lifting before pylometrics.

Actually it's fast twitch-slow twitch muscle fibers not synapses. You can improve your footspeed a certain amount but some people will always be quicker than others.

You are quite right in that the proportion of "fast twitch" to "slow twitch" muscles is what generally controls an individuals ability to generate high amounts of burst speed versus long term endurance/power...the synapse type and quantity(repetitive rapid firing) seems to be part of what makes the difference between the "fast twitch" and "slow twitch" muscles.

There is some evidence that fast twich can be converted with diet and training to slow twitch, but to date little evidence that the reverse is true.

In order to reach your true strength potential, you have to begin training at about age 10 or 11. You start out with lunges, single legs squats, russian twists, reverse axe chops, and other agility drills.

If you start out doing exercises that are too strenuous on your body then you will never develop properly. The best thing to do is to get a hockey specific training center, like Acceleration Minnesota.

In order to reach your true strength potential, you have to begin training at about age 10 or 11. You start out with lunges, single legs squats, russian twists, reverse axe chops, and other agility drills.

If you start out doing exercises that are too strenuous on your body then you will never develop properly. The best thing to do is to get a hockey specific training center, like Acceleration Minnesota.

where did you hear to start at 10 or 11, thats false

14-16 is regualr starting age to reach potential i believe