Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Bob

Girlfriend gone wild

I still can't believe what I witnessed last night at my beer league game.

We played a team that the last time we played there were a ton of penalties and 2 guys got 3 game suspensions for fighting.

Last night's game started out OK. I think the fact that we jumped out to a 5-0 lead helped keep tempers lower than last time.

But as the other team came back, things got a little chippier.

Then with about 6 minutes to go and our lead down to 8-6, all hell broke loose. There was a bit of a scrum in front of the other team's net and punches started to be thrown.

Two players jumped off the other team's bench to join the brawl.

Then it really got interesting.

The rink door opened and the girlfriend of the best defenseman on the other team ran out onto the ice with a goalie stick in hand.

She runs up to the pile and starts swinging the stick. Then she starts throwing punches and kicking people.

The ref pulls her off the pile and she falls onto the ice.

Then she decides to kick the ref in the package and start punching him.

Eventually she was led off the ice by her boyfriend, things settled down, the ref kicked all 10 skaters that were on the ice out of the game, and things ended somewhat peacefully.

They let the clock run down to 3 minutes to play and only one more person took a penalty and that was for yelling at the ref because they opted not to call a penalty on one of our guys when he accidentially ran into their defensewoman.

I knew Girls Gone Wild was at a local club last night. I guess they should have sent one camera to the rink........................

:unsure:

The funny thing was talking with one of the guys on the other team after the refs kicked everyone out.

Even he was saying that they should have called the cops on the chick.

Wow who would of thought that you'd have to worry about psycho girlfriends too. Poor ref, I would assume he had a cup on but still.

Wow who would of thought that you'd have to worry about psycho girlfriends too. Poor ref, I would assume he had a cup on but still.

I don't know about that.

I asked him if he saw the two guys jump off their bench to join the fight. And his response was "I got kicked in the nuts. I didn't see anything."

Had a somewhat similar thing happen in a beer league I used to play in.

Essentially, one of the player's girlfriends was in the crowd. She was likely drinking heavily, and her mouth was rather offensive even by locker-room standards. The referee actually asked her to leave (or her boyfriend's team would forfeit).

Naturally, she came back as soon as the ref wasn't looking.... she started verbally assaulting one of the opposing players that was in the sin-bin. Not sure, exactly, how everything started.... but before we know it, we're looking at an all out brawl in the stands. The girlfriend was taking on all comers and there was a scrum in the stands. Everyone on the ice and waiting in the hall for the game to end just stood transfixed by the sight. 4 police cars and two ambulances were called to the scene. Weird stuff man.

The girlfriend has been banned for life from the rink. Naturally, I saw her at the game 2 weeks later anyway..... (she was asked, again, to leave). Some people (men and women alike) are just trouble man.

Wow who would of thought that you'd have to worry about psycho girlfriends too.  Poor ref, I would assume he had a cup on but still.

I don't know about that.

I asked him if he saw the two guys jump off their bench to join the fight. And his response was "I got kicked in the nuts. I didn't see anything."

I would have called the cops just for that, an assault charge will likely cool her off some.

That's because the suds fuel the imagination.... :D Usually in those kind of house leagues...for them to last...they end up tossing anyone who starts the scuffles permanently.....If not, the situation gets impossible, and then you cannot find any refs, or players who want to go just have a fun skate, who will come back.

Ehh, I see. The suds from the restaurant probably had it in for you guys from the start..:)

I loved that rink when I lived in Rochester, it's a gooder. The best is playing when they have the Arena football players there, they get so mad when you chirp them. Good thing they wouldn't beat up 10 year olds, lol.