Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shute

GOT MY NEW SKATES!

WOW! just got my PF10's from UPS today! damn are they light as hell! i think as light as my purelites ice skates if not lighter! i was just wondering though.. i thought i heard something say that they could change the one-up wheel setup to a highlow setup? i was looking at the current wheels and i don't see how i could put another 80mm wheel in there... kinda of a tight fit already.

oh man that sucks cause i still have a set of rink rats i got for my D1's :(

ok first impressions for anyone who cares...

just laced the skates up and again it is MAD light when compared to my D1's. love the lace lock system already but i'm already starting to miss the DNA setup on the D1's so it's not as "roomy" as before and there are some pressure points at the top of my outside toes but nothing major. Also the boot is very stuff, which fits my style, but unfortunately it's also very hard on the inside. i'll need some heat molding at the local shop for sure unlike my D1, which were good enough to wear out of the box. in fact the foam feels kinda of like cardboard... the blue flame wheels look good when they are in motion. Anyone know what brand of bearings comes with this skates and if i should replace them with a better set? anyways i'll write a full review after i've skated on them a few times.

also who is the rinkrat rep here cause the 76mm wheels in the middle and one of the 72mm wheels are kinda of warped. anyone else had this happen to this wheel? i can see the wheel moving up and down a bit when i spin them so it's not perfectly round.

Shuldve gotten heliums heh Justin ;) ;) ;)

i was looking into the heliums but got scared cause everyone was saying how soft they are and i didn't want my skates breaking down like those bauer XX. that plus i didn't like the wheel. :P

Replace the bearings with better ones. I've had my PF10's for a little over a month now, and that is my one gripe with the skate. The liner does look a little odd, but it's pretty comfy.

oh man that sucks cause i still have a set of rink rats i got for my D1's :(

just laced the skates up and again it is MAD light when compared to my D1's. love the lace lock system already but i'm already starting to miss the DNA setup on the D1's so it's not as "roomy" as before and there are some pressure points at the top of my outside toes but nothing major. Also the boot is very stuff, which fits my style, but unfortunately it's also very hard on the inside. i'll need some heat molding at the local shop for sure unlike my D1, which were good enough to wear out of the box. in fact the foam feels kinda of like cardboard... the blue flame wheels look good when they are in motion. Anyone know what brand of bearings comes with this skates and if i should replace them with a better set? anyways i'll write a full review after i've skated on them a few times.

also who is the rinkrat rep here cause the 76mm wheels in the middle and one of the 72mm wheels are kinda of warped. anyone else had this happen to this wheel? i can see the wheel moving up and down a bit when i spin them so it's not perfectly round.

They come with abec 7 minis I believe...

oh man that sucks cause i still have a set of rink rats i got for my D1's  :( 

just laced the skates up and again it is MAD light when compared to my D1's.  love the lace lock system already but i'm already starting to miss the DNA setup on the D1's so it's not as "roomy" as before and there are some pressure points at the top of my outside toes but nothing major.  Also the boot is very stuff, which fits my style, but unfortunately it's also very hard on the inside.  i'll need some heat molding at the local shop for sure unlike my D1, which were good enough to wear out of the box.  in fact the foam feels kinda of like cardboard...  the blue flame wheels look good when they are in motion.  Anyone know what brand of bearings comes with this skates and if i should replace them with a better set?  anyways i'll write a full review after i've skated on them a few times.

also who is the rinkrat rep here cause the 76mm wheels in the middle and one of the 72mm wheels are kinda of warped. anyone else had this happen to this wheel?  i can see the wheel moving up and down a bit when i spin them so it's not perfectly round.

They come with abec 7 minis I believe...

They do, but the stock ones suck terribly. I found a new set of Wicked Spin minis at my LHS, and replaced the stock immediately

i just notice that the plastic at the front sides of the skates are really thin unlike my skates in the pass. as anyone had any problems with them wearing out to fast from really sharp turns or falls?

i don't fall very much maybe once per game really but it's mostly for when i turn hard...

i'm thinking of painting my toe cap white since the classic is white as well B)

i believe the PF10's have a rockering system that allows them to be used as a Hi Lo...it should be in some posts that were out around the trade show

my bad the PF10's are the only one that doesn't have that offset axle that allows it to conform back to a hi lo...

ya i was looking into changing them too but justin said they i couldn't. it's already a very tite fit with the wheels as it is. i don't see how you could put another 80mm wheel in there. the baur models must have a wider base or something.

only the rear wheel in the bauer is different..and since its the same dimensions as past models, or very close..the 1mm needed to fit the 80 isn't an issue

as stated before..i was wrong on the PF10's..its the models underneath that don't share the same frame as the PF10..and have a little longer wheelbase likely to accomodate the 72 80 setup

All of the CCM skates are setup the same as the PF10, just using a different frame. The wheelbase of the frame has nothing to do with whether or not it can be setup as a 72/80 Hi-Lo, it has to do with where the axles sit in relation to each other. None of the CCM frames are capable of a normal HiLo setup, as CCM completely redesigned when the patent issue arose. BNH found a loophole to work with and coupled their marketing and legal teams to get around the patent issue, Tour and CCM decided to not tread on thin ice and redesigned