Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rphockey53

Stick question

So for my whole life I've always used low kick sticks.. I was sold early on with the "kick release" and "this is for snap shots" argument.. and I primarily take snap shots... last night I broke my 1x and had to use my buddies Tacks stick.. that's a mid kick stick.. I felt like my snap shot was actually better and I almost preferred the tacks because I felt like I could get more behind my regular wrist shots.. has anyone experienced this.. I might just get a Tacks now..

I'm normally a low kick guy but also really liked the tacks stick, felt my shots were really hard coming off of it. Only demo experience, as I never purchased one unfortunately for me

I may be bias because I am a mid kick person, After shying away for a low kick it felt great to be back with a stick that matched my style. I feel like I can get more behind my shots with out too much being lost in the form of release. I had a tacks stick and will say it is defiantly a great stick and worth a look.

If you consider the fact that a low-kick stick doesn't only flex at the exact kick point but also a bit all over the length of the shaft, the overall amount of flex might be more important than where along the shaft it's supposed to be flexing.