Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goldeneye

Graf-What's the difference between the 7 and G series?

I know they're both top of the line skates. I understand that initially the Supra G series had a few durability problems but the Ultra G is much better.

Where as the Supra 7 series has been around for ages and is very popular with varying models to suit players feet and skating needs with the G series models based on the 7 series models.

So why do Graf have two whole series of top of line skates?

I don't think It's that. The G series, fit wise are copies of the 7 series.

703 = G3

705 = G5

735 = G35

707 = G7

709 = G9

I know they're made of different materials and are very slightly lighter but Graf have reduced the weight of the 7 series anyway.

the 7 series if you will is the original model skates that the next two series were based off of. The original g series expereinced some problems and what not, so, they were then replaced again by the Ultra G series, which is even more high performance.

The Ultra G series is an updated version of the supra series with lighter/stiffer/more technologically advanced materials. They fit the same as the corresponding models. (705=g5 fit etc.)

Zach

In the G series Graf has started using more of the composite outsoles and carbon inserts in the sidewalls and ankle areas of the skate for better/stiffer support and to lighten their skates a bit more. The fit is the same as their counterparts in the 700 series. There where some quality issues at first with some bad composite materials but that has been quickly remedied. Graf are real sticklers on their quality. Great skates if you can afford a pair.

Great chart goldeneye. First time I've ever seen that.

The chart may be great but the vast majority of people still have no (or the wrong) idea of what shape their foot actually is.

Great chart goldeneye. First time I've ever seen that.

The chart may be great but the vast majority of people still have no (or the wrong) idea of what shape their foot actually is.

True, but it gives people an idea of what to expect from a boot.

If people start with the most common and neutral skate, 705 or G5, they'll have an idea of what they need.

My LHS only had the 703, the heel felt great but was to shallow in the front. I ordered the 735 and they felt great.

Back to the OP. I've done some research (not 100% sure), while the 735 is a lightweight modern boot I forgot that the rest of the 7 series are more old fashioned as they've been around for longer. So rather than revamp the 7 series they launced the G series.

The Ultra G series is an updated version of the supra series with lighter/stiffer/more technologically advanced materials. They fit the same as the corresponding models. (705=g5 fit etc.)

Zach

There is one significant difference which the subsequent chart does reflect: the G70 is noticeably lower volume than the 709/G9, and has a much narrower, more pronounced heel.

Let's not get too analytical. Goldeneye was just trying to help providke some useful information to potenial buyers.

Granted - I was just noting that the G70 is the one notable, quotable exception to the pattern. It just ain't the same shape.

Granted - I was just noting that the G70 is the one notable, quotable exception to the pattern. It just ain't the same shape.

Wish I would have had that info when I ordered mine...I was led to believe (from Graf literature) that they were the same fit as the 9 series...