Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fat Buzz

Thin sock suggestions/advice

My sock of choice is the Performance Twelve made by Swiftwick. They're very soft and comfortable, thin/cushioned where it needs to be. The socks always stay up and will not bunch up on me. Being made in the USA at $24.99 a pair is a pretty good deal compared to some of the other socks on the market.

Tried barefoot years ago, wasn't for me. I wanted the least intrusive, thinnest sock possible though. Through some trial and error I landed on a great mix of breath-ability, support, and feel, with the Under Armor Resistor. Lo-cut for me, I don't prefer socks under my shin guards. They've been exceptionally durable and provide great traction in the boot, eliminating the 'slimy' barefoot feel described above.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-resistor-lo-cut-six-pack/pid1219032-100

Highly recommended. And if they aren't for you on the ice, they are great for off-ice training as well.

My sock of choice is the Performance Twelve made by Swiftwick. They're very soft and comfortable, thin/cushioned where it needs to be. The socks always stay up and will not bunch up on me. Being made in the USA at $24.99 a pair is a pretty good deal compared to some of the other socks on the market.

I mostly loved those socks, but I found the area just above the ankle to be VERY tight and difficult to get on. Great once they were on, though.