Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

farnarkler

Custom Bauer MX3 skates - anyone got a pair

Hi, I've recently lodged an order with my Bauer rep in Sydney, Australia. I'd like to hear opinions from those of you who have custom Bauers (any, not just MX3s) of how your skates are going.

I've ordered the 1X tongue, extra padding and a wider toebox in the right skate as I have odd wider toes on my right foot.

Thanks,

James.

I've had 2 pairs of custom Bauer skates. My APX 2 fell apart in a little over one season. The toe box on the right skate came unstitched completely from the quarter package. My second pair, MX3's, had the same problem. Except after 5 months. I take very good care of my equipment, especially skates, and was disappointed to see this happen. It was even more disappointing that the Bauer rep wouldn't respond in any way to see if there was any way to get them replaced or even just repaired. So, I have since switched to CCM and will never go back.

I think the breaking down so fast had to do with the fact they're hand stitched. I had a pair of retail original APX the lasted me 2+ years that I still wear on the pond. I have been disappointed to sat the least.

I've got custom apx2s for a little over 2 years and they've been holding up really well, mind you I'm not playing in a super competitive league but still. Chrismolnar, sorry to hear about yours man I'd be pissed if I dropped that kind of coin and they didn't last.

I've had 2 pairs of custom Bauer skates. My APX 2 fell apart in a little over one season. The toe box on the right skate came unstitched completely from the quarter package. My second pair, MX3's, had the same problem. Except after 5 months. I take very good care of my equipment, especially skates, and was disappointed to see this happen. It was even more disappointing that the Bauer rep wouldn't respond in any way to see if there was any way to get them replaced or even just repaired. So, I have since switched to CCM and will never go back.

I think the breaking down so fast had to do with the fact they're hand stitched. I had a pair of retail original APX the lasted me 2+ years that I still wear on the pond. I have been disappointed to sat the least.

Seems like Bauer is shifting the wrong way. Money money money and lower customer service quality. Our CCM rep treats us great. Because of this, I have personally switched to ~90% CCM product and try to push more CCM on customers (unless it doesn't fit them correctly).