Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

Revision Hockey Tournament Wheels

Product- Revision Hockey Tournament Wheels

Background- I was very excited to get these wheels and was looking forward to seeing if the "Hype" would live up to the real world of hard and fast Tournament and In House play.

Grip- This wheel is a beast! I repeat A Beast! Ok really its grips great on Sport Court. I used a Platinum and Gold set up in my Hum'er frame which is all 80mm wheels if your not familiar. Having used Trinities, Dynasties, Factory's and Rink Rats I can honestly say that these wheels put them to shame in the grip dept. I think the closest on on the grip scale would be the Rink Rat Hornets. If you like to cut hard and do lots of starts and stops then these wheels will perform perfect for all you needs. 10/10

Speed- It would seem that a wheel that grips like your on ice would be too "soft" to be fast, well that is not the case. These wheels are fast and have great rebound. There straight line speed is good and I feel like they do what I want them to do at any speed. 9.5/10

Durability- Another area I was concerned about. I have had wheels that lasted months and others that die in a week. So far I have experenced great wear. I rotate my wheels every week or every 3 skates(which ever comes first). I noticed some wear but no spider lines or cracks or chunks after 3 weeks and aprox 9 skates. 9.5/10

Intangibles- Money Money Money. These babies are expensive. around 10 bucks a wheel. Not cheap by any means, but we all know that hockey is not a cheap game to play. If your on a budget then go elsewhere. If not then do your game a favor and get a set of these wheels. 9/10

Conclusion- Revision offers 3 diffrent models of wheels based on your taste of speed, grip, and body weight, A no nonsense return policy if your wheels fail, and a all around solid wheel that does it all and then some. Final Rating 9.5/10

Tomas

Edited by LickerLongTail