Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMD#89

New skates

Which skates would be best overall in price, performance, etc.  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have always recommend that a person buys the skates that best fit the foot...However, it changes a bit when someone gets free stuff from a sponsor...Honestly, I really don't care if you wear Mission Skates...I was trying to make a point about what it means to be sponsored....Too many kids expect free stuff and don't appreciate it...I think almost all sponsorship should be done away with...

In a lot of cases it doesn't really benefit the company footing the bill on the sponsorship. Nobody wants to be the one who pulled the plug while the other brands are still doing it though.

I have always recommend that a person buys the skates that best fit the foot...However, it changes a bit when someone gets free stuff from a sponsor...Honestly, I really don't care if you wear Mission Skates...I was trying to make a point about what it means to be sponsored....Too many kids expect free stuff and don't appreciate it...I think almost all sponsorship should be done away with...

No disrespect meant here. But what if there a situation where someone on a sponsored team had odd shaped feet and the sponsor brand really didn't fit his foot type.

Does the zero pricetag mean he should skate in something that might be uncomfortable?

I mean, if someone gave me free food that I was allergic too, I woudn't eat it. But that doesn't make the persone giving me the food any less generous. However, if he forced me to eat. That's another situation.

As for this particular situation, I have no idea if missions really fit this person or whether it's just preference.

I mean, if someone gave me free food that I was allergic too, I woudn't eat it. But that doesn't make the persone giving me the food any less generous. However, if he forced me to eat. That's another situation.

There's a difference between that and saying...

"I play for a team sponsored by mission, and since I play for them does not mean that i should get the skates, there are many skates that are much better than missions"

" Maybe i like other brands better, its america isnt it"

Whenever you play for a team who's gear you are supposed to plug, you should shut up and plug it. No questions asked. They should make these kids sign a contract stating that any gear they dont wear from said company, has to be blacked out or even better, take away that players benefits.

My example was only IF a sponsor's skates did not match a foot type. Not if if the sponsoree simply wanted to wear something different.

For example, there are members on the board who can only wear say CCM's. Now if that person's team were sponsored by Bauer and the person absolutely, positively could not skate in Bauers, then what's he supposed to do.

Like I said, I dont' know what this person's specific situation is like. I was just giving an example of a case where I think it is ok to wear a different skate if your foot demands it.

it really depends on the size of your feet. A bauer skate is good if you have regular and narrow feet, a mission skate is good if you have just normal regular feet, but the problem i've had with Mission (02 RTX, and 04 D1c & D2c) is they just break down to easy and come apart at the heel/ankle part of the outer sensory sole, in the space of 2 years I went thru 2 pairs of 02 model RTX's, 2 pairs of 04 model D2c's, and 1 pair of D1c's, and heaps of my other mates that I play inline with, they're Mission skates broke down and came apart really easy aswell, so I wouldn't recommend a mission skate if you have wide feet, I do and all 5 pairs that I had all broke down and came apart, if you have a wide foot I would recommend a CCM skate cos they're more durable and they last longer. At the end of the day it all comes down to personal preference?????

Just my 2cents. I wear a 9-9.5 New Balance running shoe and I'm currently wearing a 7D D-Limited. They kill my "pinky" toes, but I like small skates. Also though, I have never skated better in an in-line skate. I love the foward flex in them. The durability is great. I've worn other "older" models of Mission skates and not liked the durabilty, but these are great. The only drawback is that the tongue moves to the side of my foot while I skate and I get some lacebite. Also, if you are sponsored by MIssion, can you find another Mission boot; maybe the L-series, that fits and have them converted to inline for you?

i know a lot of people have had problems with the D1s but i've used them since they came out and haven't had any problems at all so i would have to go with them. i currently use CCM PF10s but i'll still go back to my D1s if i decide to skate outside.