Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TMD#89

New skates

Which skates would be best overall in price, performance, etc.  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

nike boots= great. never owned a pair of hi-ho, but have had others. ive tried my friends hi-hos, 04, and they felt great, very comfortable. they are narrow, plus they look awesome too

i have a pair of 04 nike hiho's and i just love them!! they're the most comfiest skates i've ever had, i would recommend on trying on skates before you buy though. even thought they fit me super well, i might not be the same with you. everybody's got a different foot type and preference.

i haven't tried the 05 nike hiho's... so i dunno if they fit differently or not..... however, i have tried the d1 (03) and the d-limited.

the d-limited is quite a nice skate if you can find it.... however, i would still prefer the hiho's just because they're so comfy and fit my feet so well

Is it true if you play for team mission you get things disscounted or for free?

Are you asking about Team Mission or a Team sponsored by Mission?

Team Mission(DNA, Helium, etc.)

Team Sponsored by Mission(TMD, AMB, Empire Snipers, etc.)

I play for a team sponsored by mission, and since I play for them does not mean that i should get the skates, there are many skates that are much better than missions( by the way I dont even have missions right now(tour g-90's))

and yes we do get things discounted and certain things for free

there are many skates that are much better than missions( by the way I dont even have missions right now(tour g-90's)

but most of your choices for the poll are missions?

So you play for a team that is sponsored by Mission, in which you get free stuff from Mission, but you support other manufactures....

This is what is wrong with Roller Hockey....Give me free stuff, but I will show no loyalty...

You should really look at what it means to be on a sponsored team...

That sounds bad. Justin is 100% right. If your sponsored by Mission and get stuff for free and whatnot you prolly should be skating in mission skates. I never see guys like Kirk French or Mishka Drury not using mission gear and they are sponsored. Think how bad it would look if they were pimpin Beemer skates or something. If you had complained about foot pain or that the boots dont fit u properly then you may have a point , but still.........

Tomas

Wow, I may not like Mission's inline skates this year, but if it came down to being sponsered, I'd do what it takes to make it work. It's more than just disrespecting the company who supports you, it also business. Taking a hit on income to support teams is not a real cheap feat, especially when it's a company supporting multiple teams. It's also about advertising, so when people see you wearing a team Mission jersey, and tour or nike skates it doesn't look favorable. Burning your bridges isn't real wise either, but that takes some bad experiences for most people to learn, usually after being burned for ruining a relationship that could benefit them in the future.

if mission had skates that fit better and were more comfortable i would probably wear them but they do not feel as good as some other ones, they should make them better( and i have heard too many complaints about the 05 line of skates)

If mission still sold the '03 series i would definitely buy them, its nothing against mission its against their skates this year

I think Nike makes the best boots, hands down. Someone mentioned that Nikes run wider, but that is definately NOT the case with the Quest 1's and the 04 Hi-Ho's. My Quest 1's that I own and the Hi-Ho's I begged my friend to let me skate on both fit my feet like a glove, and I have narrow feet as well. I'd choose the 04 Hi-Ho's, since you'd probbly be able to find them cheaper then the 05's.

I have always recommend that a person buys the skates that best fit the foot...However, it changes a bit when someone gets free stuff from a sponsor...Honestly, I really don't care if you wear Mission Skates...I was trying to make a point about what it means to be sponsored....Too many kids expect free stuff and don't appreciate it...I think almost all sponsorship should be done away with...