Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bmwhockey

Skate Choices

Ok, need some input....

I'm playing with the Mission HE750's skates. Had them for about 2 months and liked them a lot. They were a little soft but overall they worked well for me. So then problems start happening...first a wheel chunks then when lacing up one of the eyelets rips off the skate. Its all good...got the warranty and everything. But the guy I bought them from says i'm the 5th guy who had this happen and he is basically done replacing the skates. I called mission, they agreed it was a problem but is now fixed (to me seems like the same type of stitching will cause the problem again). The guy i bought them from will get them for me if I really pushed him but he is sending all the Helium line skates back to Mission and picking up Tour as his preferred skate. So he wants to set me up with the Tour Blue Max.

Anybody skate with these? Should I push for the missions back, go with blue max or another Tour product? Anybody here skate with both of them and have any input?

I'm not looking to buy the worlds best and most expensive skate. I'm not playing on any house teams - just several adult leage teams - but i'm a bit hard on skates. 5'10 190ish but old (36 - yikes).

Appreciate any input.

I'd cut out the middleman and send the skates back to mission yourself. There were problems with the first run of helium skates, but all seems to be well now.

well i know the Blue Max are to be good. My personal thought though would to make a pair of custome skates.

I have the blue max and i love them. They are the best skates that i have had since my 962's. The skates deffintly haven't hurt my game in any way. If anything i would say that i am playing better becuase of the extra grip the frame provides. I have had these skates going on three months now and they are still look fine and feel great. I have not tried the new missions though so i cant really compare them.

The Blue max are a very good skate. The Hummer frame is the best I have used, it hold it's speed longer than a normal hilo set up. But I would say that the Blue max is not us stiff as the He750!

Malcb, how was your transistion to the Hummer? I have talked to people that said it took a few games. Speed is good I hear, but how about turning, especially sharp?

Also, how's the weight with all 80mm wheels?

The transition took a few weeks, but is well worth it. The biggest problem for me was the pitch of the blue max is very flat, I just made up some lifts under my inner sole and it was all good. The hummer holds its speed alot longer than a hilo and has added grip because the larger wheel surface on the floor. This more than makes up for the slightly longer wheel base(turning) for me!

well i actually had beemers and hated them my feet would bleed after tournements. But spead on the hummer is better. So is stopping since all of the weels are touching the ground evenly but better chance for braking a wheel. the turning is a little whorse. but no by much i think the skates heavyer then my G-80's that i had but i like the sensor frame the most out of all of them. At the moment i made custome skates and put the sensor frame from my G-80's on a pare of graf 705's. If you want to do that making custome skates with a graf boot you may run into some problems so if you have questions about that you can ask me.

Sounds maybe like the skate did not fit you....however there seem to be lot's who have the Beemers who find them comfortable..I guess it's just in what shape of skate boot you are looking for.....there have not been any serious problems that I know of with durability.

The only painfull issues I knew about with the Beemers, were on the earlier ones, which did not have sufficient padding in the toungue, and on those early versions I heard about complaints of "lace bite"...Since they added the extra padding in the toungue, I have no longer heard any more complaints....about that anyway...

What was painfull about yours?..Curious.

Comments on the Hum'er..my son has used them, first on a Nike conversion, then on the Beemers and the Blue Max's...No complaints after getting the wheels switched to a harder wheel than the original Gripper Lites to RR Hornets, and then a couple of skates to get used to the pitch. Definitely holds speed with less effort, and no complaints about agility...great acceleration.