Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nic#19

NHL players

Hey guys just interest in how much would someone like Rick Nash and Kovalchuk bench press and squad?

Thanks

Do you mean squat, it's an interesting topic, I don't know if some has info. on that tough.

Bouillon is one of the strongest in the league on the bench press. Koivu is the strongest in the canadiens(before Kovalev arrived) in squat.

I also heard the same about Sakic...

I'd say that most NHL'ers should be able to squat at least 350, and some might go up to the 550-600 range.

For bench press, I'd say that they should be able to do a minimum of 1.5x thier body weight, and some of the really strong guys should be able to do 2x or maybe a bit higher.

I doubt that you're going to find exact numbers for any players. In some of the books I've read, there are experiences of various players squatting 285 or so before the author's program and squatting 400 or so after performing the program for a while - so to me, these seem like reasonable numbers for pro athletes on strength training programs.

that means someone like that means bertuzzi a "stronger" guy should be able to beach 2 times his body weight. That means he should be able to bench like 470pds i dout it he is a hockey player not a body builder.

Isnt 4 plates 550?

no its 405lbs 45*8+45(the bar)=405

i don't know, mabey you were talking about kilos

EDIT- my bad, i didnt see the other post

Sean Brown from the Devils was my Assistant-Coach this year, he was casually hitting the gym with us and doing 290, repping 8 or 9 times. Now I realize that's not too high, but god damn I can barely hit 155.

I just read in "Stength, Conditioning, and Injury prevention in Hockey" that Luc Robitaille had a 485 power squat and a 335 clean pull at the 1999 training camp, he also had a 2.62 near blueline sprint.

I was watching cool shots on espn a few years ago, luc was on, he said when his family and him would travel, when he was young, he would take his squat rack and lift in parking lots and stuff, it would embarass his family,lol. how strong was gretz? anyone know

Sean Brown from the Devils was my Assistant-Coach this year, he was casually hitting the gym with us and doing 290, repping 8 or 9 times. Now I realize that's not too high, but god damn I can barely hit 155.

That would mean Sean has a 1RM of about 370 lbs if I refer to the book Total Hockey Conditionning.