Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin 1933

2006 Mission Goal Pads

Justin,

They look MUCH better without the white stripes. I tried on the gloves the other day, they felt great. The blocker was amazing. The trapper was a little heavy in the pocket, but I would guess it's because it is so big. You did a great job on the set. I think you will find that Mission will become very popular on the ice, especially if you lines continue to improve at the same rate.

well there both the same company so im sure mission is taking some of itechs technology and putting it into there goalie pads

Same company yes....However, we run them as two completely separate brands...

The only thing that is similar to the Itech pad is the adjustable knee height piece...That's it...

In regards to the other question:

We will offer 4 price points this year...

Are these pads still specifically made for roller and sport court or are they being marketed as more of an ice hockey pad now?

does mission have any plans if the nhl restricts pads to 10 or 11 inches? im guessing they have to grandfather the rule into minor hockey to give kids time before they were forced to buy a new paid of pads because we all know they arent cheap. also are there currently restrictions on inline pads and would they also take the smaller width rule into effect?

I think it will be a LONG time before any league tries to follow the NHL in cutting goal pads to 10 inchs. Aside from the higesht level junior and college leagues anything under that will take awhile, simply because the kids and parents pay for their own equipment. Can you imagine telling a kid his pads are illegial and he needs new ones to conform after having them for only a year?! And just think of the parent outrage, however alot of goal pads for little kids are already 10 inchs.

Honestly what difference will 1 inch make on a pad...there may be one extra goal every 5 games because of it so is it really worth it???

Yup, I'm wearing 11'' now because I'm just a short goalie, lol. Gotta love INT sizing. Yes, will these be marketed as ice hockey pads? they look like they can do the job.

Our pads are 12" (I just measured this morning to make sure) and they are definitely strong enough and protective enough for Ice hockey....

Ooh! Now that I have a job, ya'll may be getting my business when they are released! :)

Justin, One of the guys here at the rink was asking to see a view of the leg channel and straps. Any chance you can help out when you get time?

Will custom colours be available this year or will once again it come in 5 or 6 stock colour patterns?

And does the leg channel pic not work for anyone else?...it doesnt load for me like its a broken link or something.

Will custom colours be available this year or will once again it come in 5 or 6 stock colour patterns?

And does the leg channel pic not work for anyone else?...it doesnt load for me like its a broken link or something.

can't see it too