Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigdaddytool

Easton Z-air Comp SE or Air SBX

hey guys, used to be a corebeam member so i thought i would check this place out. seems to run with the torch. anyways. since my CCM maverick roller hockey skates are starting to loosen up i felt its time for a new pair of skates. im going to customize some ice hockey boots with the labeda alloy chassis and want to know which skate you guys would get, the Easton Z-air Comp SE @199.99, or the Air SBX @169.99 ??? ive tried on the SBX's awhile back and they felt pretty comfortable, but i figured 30 bucks more for the top of the lines isnt too bad. no stores in chicago offer me the luxury of trying both skates on, so i figured i would inquire with you all. also, ive heard the softer SBX might breakdown faster, and since im a pretty big guy at 290lbs., durability is definitely in issue. any help would be appreciated.

Guest phillyfan

Curious, where are Z-Air Comp SE for under $200? Should have waited a few months...Anyway, I've used the Z-Air Comp, and have loved the boot, ditched the runner/holders/ after 2 ice slots, installed t-blades, awesome skates. I tried on the Airs, not sure of AIR SBx, but the Air's weren't all that bad either, and at $169.99 as well, not bad of a price.

I've had my ultralite pro sbx's for almost a year now and the soft boot is great. Very comfy and molds perfectly to your foot. Mine havent broken down at all, just a few scraps on the outside of the boot.