Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sryhockeyguy

Concussions anyone?

How many concussions have you had (hockey related)?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ive had 4 concussions none from hockey i had 2 last year in football and 2 this year in football. I have three more years left of football to and im going to be on varsity for those three years. So total count is not finished.

i think ive had 3....the first was in mites when i go clothes lined....i was out for about 10 secs. the second was when i was a peewee i was checked from behind, headfirst into the boards (it amazing when u do that infront of all the parents...they all go silent) and the third was last year when i stood in the corner about 5 feet off the boards......

i think the worst hockey injury ive ever had though it when i messed my knee up reallly badly. a defenseman knew i had him beat so he threw his leg into my knee.......

on the tooth topic...i shot my little brothers tooth in half with an Airsoft gun...and he says it didnt hurt at all.

ive only had one cause of a stupid mistake i made. i came frombehind the net and thought the gut would go wide and cut me off but instead he hit me straight on at full speed. i was just lucky i had my mouthgard in. haha

That's good you remember everything. <_<

Had 1 a week before Nationals, my own D put his shoulder into my chest when we were practicing a breakout - break in drill, not expecting him to hit that hard i wasnt completley ready, all i remember is seeing everything go upside down and blacking out for 10-15 seconds, afterwards i was told by other team mates that he hit me that hard i was flipped backwards landing on my shoulder and head.. i was out for about 3 days with severe head pains and vommiting and our doc said i could not sleep for the first 24 hrs other wise i could go into a comber if it was a real bad concussion.. quite the experience..

I think I'm right around 6 with the majority of them being fairly minor. The worst one I do not remember at all. I've seen the video and my friends told me what I was saying during and after the game but all I remember is waking up to a toliet full of my pregame meal. The video shows me cutting off an angle forcing the player to go around the back of the net and then the player giving up the puck and cracking me helmet to helmet while I'm still focused on the puck. Did a nice little flip in the air but murdered the landing... even worse I guess I tried to fight the guy for the rest of that game (this kid was the single craziest Jr.B player I had ever seen, like mental and anger disorder crazy.) Major grade concussion that some of my friends say still effects me today... funny memories that I wish I had.

2 real ones, one sluefooted, the other just fricking railed, the worst ever and i was in the finals of a tourney which we won in OT, and i was leading tourney in scoring when it happened.

one time tho against chris bourque and cushign academy, i was hit so hard with that seamless glass, guy got called for elbowing, when i got up the only color besides white that i could see was green. everythign white and green. normal colors came back liek after 2 mins but was scary. we lost that game 9-1, i had the lone tallie