Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Paint Shop Help

I've been trying for a little while to make up a picture with alot of problems. Basically, I would like a Hockey puck, 3D, with a Canadian Maple leaf on top (like the center of the puck) and then Shamrocks around on the side. If possible red maple leaf, green shamrocks.

http://img133.echo.cx/img133/5867/tatoo46hq.png

Something along the lines of this, but more real looking. I'm considering getting a tatoo and looking at some Options. I am also looking at putting on a Gallagher shield, but I haven't had alot of experience with my non-Canadian backround, so I don't want to overdue the "irish" thing. If anyone can think of a good hockey related Tattoo, I'd be more than open to hear. I would like to have something Canadian in it at least.

Eazy, go into any GOOD tattoo place and have them draw you one. For something small like that it'll be about 20 bucks, and they'll know exactly what you want. I'm going in Tuesday after my birthday and getting a trizub and some other artwork along the side of my chest, it was 125 for him to draw up but it's pretty intricate, I brought in a lot of these different patterns and a few small paintings from home to have him encorporate and it took him a few hours to draw it all up like I want.

JR - I was just looking through all of our Tattoo threads and saw that.

Tokes - I am still not 100% on what I want yet. I've had the place and basic ideas for a while it's just a matter of narrowing it down.

My ideas are: This Shamrock/leaf puck, Maple Leaf playing hockey, A heart (like pumping) but in the shape of a Leaf, Canadian Flag on a Hockey stick (everyone thinks of this), Canadian flag split into an Irish flag on a hockey stick, half roller/half ice skate, Upright stick with two hockey gloves hanging down, and the Gallagher shield.

All of these have been in my mind, but nothing other than the shield has really hit home as a good "forever" imprint that will look good and not catroon-ish. I've been considering a Tatoo for about 4 years now, the 'rents aren't in favour, so it'll be a tough sell, but I definately want to have the tatty ready so I know exactly what I want.

A friend of mine has an interesting system. Get the drawing down and look at it for a year before deciding on putting it on yourself. If you can go the year, get it. If not, don't. It's saved him from a bunch of stupid designs, but he's still tattoo-less.

A friend of mine has an interesting system. Get the drawing down and look at it for a year before deciding on putting it on yourself. If you can go the year, get it. If not, don't. It's saved him from a bunch of stupid designs, but he's still tattoo-less.

Eazy,

I know you said you've been thinking about this for four years, but I think you should consider 2048's advice.

I have a doctor friend who bought a laser removal machine. It cost his partnership $125K, but it's easily the profit center for the group, because so many people change their mind one day -- whether it's a week later, six months, three years or even twenty. For most people, a day comes when they no longer want the picture on their body, particularly since it's most likely faded, but it costs $3K to remove it.

It's easy to understand that's not too affordable, even if you truly wanted to have it removed.

This definately won't be a snap decision move by any stretch. Like I said I've known the place I want, and the elements for a tatoo. I want it too "age well" and know this is definately alot more than just a $150 decision. I appreciate the advice, and will definate take it to heart, but to be honest, I have a similar philosophy and plan anyways.

I've had the image in my mind (and the exact picture in my wallet) for a couple years now...still haven't brought myself to do it.

the one i want to get is a half (american) star in blue, and the other half of the star being a red (canadian) maple leaf, (with the countries respective flag backgrounds on both sides) a big "C" (Carlston) and crossed hockey sticks inside the star/leaf logo. it sounds like a lot, and rerally confusing, but it looks pretty sweet.