Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wyckoffplaya15

Tour Skates

I kno that the beemers have always been the best but now i see more and more of the bluemax i wanted to kno if anybody here knew which was lighter?

P.S Do Tour Skates go (best to worst) Beemer,BlueMax,RedMax,SilverMax....BlueMax,Beemer,RedMax,Silvermax...Beemer,BlueMax,SilverMax,REdMAX or Bluemax, Beemer, SilverMax,RedMax

-tim

I was under the impression the Bluemax was a stiffer boot, where the Beemers were a little more flexible. From a price POV: It goes Beemer, Bluemax, SilverMax, RedMax, but theres been some questions raised about the quality of the Silver Max.

If you want a light skate the current Tour skates aren't really for you. Tour skates are very good, but the current Tour skates aren't as light as many others ie 950's, pf10's+more. The new Tour code 1's are apparently much lighter, but I have yet to see these. The weight difference of the Silvermax and Redmax skates will be the same or very very minimal I would think, nothing to worry about! :rolleyes:

Weight should be one of the last things you look for in the skates.

Try on a few brands and see which fits best, its a little more difficult when choosing inlines because they aren't as widely available and there are not as many options.

Thanx every1 i went and got the tour redmax with the free helmet normally i like a hi-lo 76a setup but the all 80mm 74a is almost the exact same thing i used them for the first time yesterday and people watching told me they saw a difference in my speed. I deff. like this set-up better than the hi-lo with the 74a wheels

-tim

I'll just add this onto the topic, what other skates would a Tour boot compare to? I know they only come in Regular and Narrow, does anyone know if they are planning to change that for next year? Will there be a complete overhaul in the line, or will the Code 1 just become the top model?

i think if i had to compare them the most to another skate that ive used it would probably be the bauer mega's but the tours r a little lower on your ankle. I like it, it gives u more movement n speed but it leaves your ankle to open slapshots :(

-tim

THe new Code-1 will be available on a limited bases early July. Will be available nation wide mid August. The Code-1 has numerous features, one being the weight. When looking for a skate, I suggest that you not get caught up in the weight issue only. Although the Code-1 will be one of the lightest skates on the market, it has much more going for it than just weight. Too many light weight skates have hit the market with great expectations and haven't held up. For this kind of money, performance and durability go hand in hand. Code-1 has been in the making for quite a while. Like others we have struggled with the durability issues. Step by step we believe the durability issue that has plagued others has been resolved. Our goal was to create a skate that was light weight--comfortable---good Support and would hold up. We believe the Code-1 addresses all these issues.

Before you purchase any skate, make sure the skate fits your foot. There are many quality brands to pick from, no one needs to skate with pain. If the boot hurts when you first put it on, chances are it's not right for your foot. This includes Tour, as much as we would like to fit everyone, it's not possible.

I got a chance to look at the Code-1 skate this past weeked at a tournament. HOLY CRAP! It's hard to believe that a skate having four 80mm wheels can weigh that little. Comparing the Beemer and the Code-1, one in each hand, the difference is incredible. A size 8 skate was very close in weight to a HE950 skate. The boot itself looks very solid, with the eyelets being the good ol' fashioned ones that look to last a good bit. The construction is very similar to the Beemer skate, so that should be a good indication that the skate will last. They had a size 8 on display which fit me perfectly, and even though I did not lace them up, they felt roomy and wide at the toes. I think the icing on the cake would have been Rink Rat wheels to go with these skates, but we don't know much about the new Genesis wheels so only time will tell about that. I would like to get my hands on these skates as soon as I possibly can, and it did cross my mind just to put the skate on and LEAVE! One skate doesn't do me much good, but yeah.

The Code-1 will be available in one width. Don't prejudge this as a narrow width. As HIUB post stated, there was plenty of room in the toe area. In developing this model I can assure you that we paid as much attention to comfort as we did the weight and structure issues.

I got a chance to look at the Code-1 skate this past weeked at a tournament. HOLY CRAP! It's hard to believe that a skate having four 80mm wheels can weigh that little. Comparing the Beemer and the Code-1, one in each hand, the difference is incredible. A size 8 skate was very close in weight to a HE950 skate. The boot itself looks very solid, with the eyelets being the good ol' fashioned ones that look to last a good bit. The construction is very similar to the Beemer skate, so that should be a good indication that the skate will last. They had a size 8 on display which fit me perfectly, and even though I did not lace them up, they felt roomy and wide at the toes. I think the icing on the cake would have been Rink Rat wheels to go with these skates, but we don't know much about the new Genesis wheels so only time will tell about that. I would like to get my hands on these skates as soon as I possibly can, and it did cross my mind just to put the skate on and LEAVE! One skate doesn't do me much good, but yeah.

PLus its got that cool hologram thingy on the sides :P :D B)

The Code-1 will be available in one width. Don't prejudge this as a narrow width. As HIUB post stated, there was plenty of room in the toe area. In developing this model I can assure you that we paid as much attention to comfort as we did the weight and structure issues.

Nah, I wouldn't pre judge, I'd like to get out and try some on, but its a fairly far drive to find a Tour dealer. I'll definately see what I can do and go from there. I've heard the current regular is like a cross between regular and wide, and then the narrow fits inbetween a C and D width skate.

Well, judging by the fact that I usually wear 8.5's and the 8's on display fit me perfectly, I'd say that these should have plenty of room up front as even being a half size smaller than what I usually wear it still felt like there was good room. And yes, the hologram thing is what makes the skates so light.