Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biaggi

outdoor wheels indoors?

I dont play a whole lot of inline, but I was asked to sub for a team for the next couple of weeks. I just mounted brand new Rink Rat world cups on my skates thinking I would be playing outdoors more often than indoors. My question is how will they perform indoors on a blue sportcourt type surface? They are new and never used outdoors, so they should have more grip than the old wheels I have been using for a year. If anyone has some insite on this subjuct I would apreciate it.

-Jeff

Are you going to be playing on a tiled surface?

If you use outdoor wheels on tiled surfaces, you will be slipping and sliding out all over the floor. They're made with a high durometer rubber for maximum durability, not performance.

84a will more than likely be to slippy :(

Maybe if you can you should get your hands on 4 softer wheels just to go on the front and back of your skates to provide some grip.

If you know your going to be playing more then one game, and will be doing a moderate amount of skating, I'd look into buying a cheap indoor wheel, or borrowing wheel from a friend. Like Kovalchuk71 said, you won't get much (if any) grip.

EDIT: Then again aren't World Cups suppossed to be more grippy then normal outdoor wheels?

Thanks for all the replies, I decided to put my old wheels back on. I was asked to be permanant on the team, so I'll have to get some new wheels.