Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjtt99

2005 Draft Order

From my perspective its obvious where I would have liked him to go. For the NHL LA, NYR, Montreal, Toronto, Boston would have been best.

i have to disagree with you,

montreal, toronto, and boston are major hockey markets. thats the last place the nhl needs exposure, especially in canada. if the league was onyl in canada there would be no lockout. NYR forsure would have been essential, LA somewhat but there is a big hockey loving population there.

PIT is great not only for the team as its definately going to save them, but for crosby's skae it couldnt be better. he is really immature for an nhl player now because he is just a kid, but with time he will become a man in the show. with lemieux next to him and crosby even living in lemieux house, the kid will be better off then anywhere else he could have gone. although i did want the habs to get him.

The Flyers have a lot of players they could move but until Nittimaki proves he can play at the NHL level, Esche isn't going anywhere. Especially considering he wasn't paid that highly for an NHL starter.

It's well known Richards and Carter are "The Prospects" in Philly. I can't see Carolina asking for anyone less, and I know Carter is a better prospect. In order to avoid it, they'd need to package some of their AHL talent (and they do have some good stuff) or drop a roster player. Thats how I see it at least.

The Flyers have a lot of players they could move but until Nittimaki proves he can play at the NHL level, Esche isn't going anywhere. Especially considering he wasn't paid that highly for an NHL starter.

It's well known Richards and Carter are "The Prospects" in Philly. I can't see Carolina asking for anyone less, and I know Carter is a better prospect. In order to avoid it, they'd need to package some of their AHL talent (and they do have some good stuff) or drop a roster player. Thats how I see it at least.

I don't see Ryan being worth either of those guys and a number one pick. Carolina's biggest issue is depth and if they can get a couple guys and swap first rounders it would make sense for them. Sharp or Seidenberg could easily be moved as part of a package if they really wanted to move up.

I think Philly would have to severly overpay if they want to pick up the #3. Richards is going to be demanded, trading Carter would be robbery and Sharp is a throw in at this point.I would think that Carolina wants an NHL ready player too so Sharp would be a given. Carolina knows how bad Clarke wants Bobby Ryan so they will be charging, IMO.

I don't see Ryan being worth either of those guys and a number one pick. Carolina's biggest issue is depth and if they can get a couple guys and swap first rounders it would make sense for them. Sharp or Seidenberg could easily be moved as part of a package if they really wanted to move up.

"Worth" is difficult to judge. I'd say he's worth Richards, but more. I can't see the pick being swapped as well.

I don't feel Carolina has the first line talent in the system. Ryan could give them that. Richards, I don't think will ever be the #1 center, a very good #2, but not a #1. I look at Staal and I just don't see it. Take a look at his numbers, very Stajan like. Staal will be good, but not a build-around guy. Ladd could be a Murray like player, but he isn't someone to build a franchise around. I think they need that guy to build on. That's my thoughts on the "if trade." I think trading him away, would be a waste. I think it'd be a better move for them to selecting Pouliot, Brule or Kopitar if this is the case. They have a chance to get a superstar, trading away one would mean they need to build their team as a group, which isn't a bad thing, but I can't see why they'd unload him. Its not like Ryan is the consesus #3 pick.