Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Torhs Team

practice at home for tryouts

im 14..soon to be 15..wanting to make the midjet minor team. we will play in central states hockey leugue.

my local rink is one hour away....so i dont have as much ice practice as the guys tryin out. i like to practice at home...and have a fifty dollar net with a fifty dollar shooting pad. but cant use ice pucks cause they dont move on concrete. i thought about getting one of those pads that you put down thats like ice...but to expensive.

any ideas so i can practice my shot?

Get those franklin practice pucks, they are plastic but they slide on the concrete pretty well

EDIT: I meant the hard plastic ones not the soft orange ones

Thats wat my situation is like too...smart hockey balls are the way to go. You can stick handle and shoot with them and you don't necessarily need a shooting pad, plus they don't wreck the cheepo nets like pucks do, and for stick handling jsut get a chair and stick handle in and out of the legs...Thats just what I do.

just get a piece of plexiglass or something to put down on the ground to shoot off of. thats what i do for in the back yard here, and on the streets.

You can use the smart hockey ball or a golf ball for stickhandling practice. But do it right--no looking at the ball!

It is hard to practice shooting without real pucks, so you have to spend the $40 for the piece of plastic to shoot off of. If you hang an old rug between the goal and the wall, the pucks will not bounce off and kill you.

to twistedwrista----the team is Peoria Jr. Rivermen....out of central illinios. but still not sure if im really gonna tryout.

to adam-------im talking about outside on my driveway. ive shot and stickhandled in my basement alot...but it is litterally a cell. no windows or paint or anything. really depressing.

im pretty sure im gonna invest in one of these items

My Webpage

My Webpage

but that rug idea sounds alot better than that tarp price.....ill give it a shot

Cool, I played a peoria riverman team when i played bantam AA for omaha last year. lol, looking at that skillpad website, man Id hate to miss the net!

I think you'd learn to hit it pretty quick.