Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McCabe#1

Zetterberg Trade?

It's stupid for the Wings future, but good for there current roster. It's stupid for the leafs present, but good for their future.

i cant imagine how trading zetterberg for belfour and belak would help the wings.

someone, please tell me how this would help the wings!

This crazy trade would be a VERY short term quick fix to the Wings goalie situation. Zberg may be part of THE future of the team.

I hope detroit management knows this too!

Zetter and Dats are like Forsberg and sakic to the avs.

It's stupid for the Wings future, but good for there current roster. It's stupid for the leafs present, but good for their future.

I think i could endure a few seasons of sub-par hockey from the leafs to see them shine in the future

Is Zetterberg THAT good? I haven't seen him play alot, maybe 10 games total. Usually showed a flash of brilliance or two, but didn't do anything really spectacular. His Antropov numbers kind've scare me, they seem like opposites (big and slow vs. small and quick), but tend to get similar results. They are only a year apart.

Is Zetterberg THAT good? I haven't seen him play alot, maybe 10 games total. Usually showed a flash of brilliance or two, but didn't do anything really spectacular. His Antropov numbers kind've scare me, they seem like opposites (big and slow vs. small and quick), but tend to get similar results. They are only a year apart.

From what i've seen he's good but he was playing on detroit a ton of superstars who probally shadowed him

From what i've seen he's good but he was playing on detroit a ton of superstars who probally shadowed him

He played about 16mins a game and was on the second pp unit. I had him in a hockey pool and I wish he was first line and playing more on even strength and PP's but need to share the puck with the other lines.

He played about 16mins a game and was on the second pp unit. I had him in a hockey pool and I wish he was first line and playing more on even strength and PP's but need to share the puck with the other lines.

Zetterburg has the ablity to can a game. the last season he sat out for abiut 2 months brcause of a broken leg. he has been compared to a young foresburg which is fair. he is not as big as foresburg, alittle quicker though. he has soft hands. though he played with stars he alos played on a line with datsuk and hull. they were explosive at times and dead at others. he is only entering his third season the future is wide open for him, he will be a great player though. IMO trade datsuk but again only his 4th year. remember that goal he scroed on turco?

wings centers going to camp

steve yzerman (most likely will play a wing with draper and maltby)

kris draper

hopefully the wings will keep daryl bootland as their tough guy.

wow i cant believe they signed him^^^ NO WAY should detroit trade datsuk, and they should keep Zetterberg. i bet in the long run he will help them a ton.

wings centers going to camp

steve yzerman (most likely will play a wing with draper and maltby)

kris draper

hopefully the wings will keep daryl bootland as their tough guy.

the wings still have Lang, Franzen, and Hudler

without datsyuk and zetterberg though the wings offense will only consist of drapes and lang, shanahan and yzerman will have minimal help in goals, and maltby is best as a defensive forward, us red wing fans better hope they get datsyuk and zetterberg

LOOK for a Datsyuk trade. Zetterberg is very well respected in that room and considered a bright spot in the wings future. the Datsyuk camp is asking 4+ and that ain't gunna fly in hockey town. He'll be better off playing in Russia.

TRUTH

Datsyuk for Hossa is being rumoured. Dats wants like 4+ a year from Detroit, they just don't have the room to spend it on him. He still has alot to prove. He's talented, but has only played 3 season and had 4+ mill type results once.

He's talented, but has only played 3 season and had 4+ mill type results once.

True, but he was really only put in a position to have those type of results once. You can't expect that from him his rookie season, obviously. His sophomore season he played behind Fedorov, Yzerman, Draper, and Larionov. His first season as the go to center he played very well. Pre salary cap I'd say he is worth 4 mil, but now I don't think hes worth over 3. I hope he realizes this and chooses to stay with Detroit. For some reason I don't see him leaving, especially if Zetterberg stays.

Datsyuk's playoff numbers may be holding him down. Talented- for sure, he can 'walk' guys in a phone booth. With the new CBA, don't be surprised to see more russians and eastern europeans playing at home. For years the NHL was considered the BEST league because it paid BEST. That may not be rule any longer. Datsyuk should consider playing for 3 - 3.2 and stay away from the fashion show. The kid has a face made for radio.

you'd think Datsyuk would be ok with making 1 mil. less to stay with detroit and zetterberg. especially now with the sallery cap being lowered/