Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McCabe#1

Zetterberg Trade?

I have heard there is a rumour of Zetterberg being traded to the Leafs. Supposedly it was reported on ESPN radio somewhere.

Has anyone heard anything more on this?

At first, I'd probably dismiss this as nothing more than Toronto radio/fans making something out of nothing.........but given the player movement this week, who knows?

the wings already pissed me off by dropping mccarty. they better not go pull another stunt and get rid of zetterberg, especially to the leafs. i don't think i could stand the humiliation from my father about a wing turning into a leaf.

I heard that it's not a trade - Toronto signed him to an offer sheet, which if Detroit matches will put them over the cap.

Nasty. Then they would have to dump someone else.

i know that the rumor is that the leafs may make an offer that will put the wings over the cap if they match it but arent the leafs in just as bad a cap situation as the wings?

it appears that if the leafs really have signed allison, they are probably as close to the cap as the wings are.

and if the leafs do offer a big deal and the wings let zetterberg go, the leafs would have nearly no money left AND theyd have to give up a bunch of 1st and 2nd round draft picks.

i just pray that the wings keep zetterberg. if datsyuk has to go, it might not be worst thing but losing zetterberg would be terrible.

on wdfn this morning someone called in and spoke about this. another rumor i saw was datsyuk to the bruins for thorton. that is a streech because thorton is unsigned. they fire the "old" coach sign chelios nad schinder and say they want to bring in youth? i don't get it, were is the youth, mark mowers? if zetterburg is truley headed to tor it could mean a very long season for wings fans. ala dead thing of the late '80s and early '90s

It's a Rumour that started with Watters today on Leafs lunch. I've heard both trade and offer sheet (either to get the rights, or just sign outright).

Trade: Antropov +

Signing: no idea on number, but it won't be too high, so they don't give up alot, just has to be out of Detoits reach

- The Leafs currently have 16 million in cap space, after the Domi signing (shutters). Your looking at 6 for RFAs, Allison is reportedly getting the minimum. Not a bad cap situation, they just couldn't add another 4-5 mill player. I expect Zetterberg around 3ish, if its true.

I hope this don't happen, Zetterberg is one of my favorite players on the Wings and he will develop into a good player for Detroit in the long run.

its hard to believe that the wings would let a young talent like z-berg go. especially with all the geezers they signed. i think it'll take a lot more than antropov to make that even close to being a balanced trade.

i cant imagine how trading zetterberg for belfour and belak would help the wings.

someone, please tell me how this would help the wings!

i cant imagine how trading zetterberg for belfour and belak would help the wings.

It wouldn't.....

Do they not realize the need players like Zetterberg.

This crazy trade would be a VERY short term quick fix to the Wings goalie situation. Zberg may be part of THE future of the team.

The Wings don't have a starting goalies. The Wings lost their fighter. The Wings are looking to win a cup and need these holes filled. Zetterbergs a great player, but if they want to win now, which from Yzerman, Chelios and Schneider, they do, then he may not be as important as the other two.

I think the wings would be stupid to do this but for me a leaf fan i would love to see it even if it means that belfour leaves cujo could come back