Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fury of One

Reebok Inlines

lol See once i get some money im gonna get me some more reebok gear and become the mighty 'Reebok Man' Its crazy over here(northen ireland) noone has relly seen reebok stuff and i was using my 5k shaft today and this guy Spade picks it up and goes 'Stuarty, Stuarty, you see his stick!!!' 'Yeah its a cannon' and i just laughed and about a hundred people asked me were i got it followed by 'how much?'

I knew someone here worked for CCM, I just couldn't remeber the name, thanks GeeZa. I assume they're going to be released about the same time as the new Tours and Missions. I have the 8Ks for ice and they're super comfortable-best skates I've owned. I wonder how much they'll retail for, probably about as much as the PF10s.

This is gonna be the first year its tough for me to stray away from Mission. I don't think I'm gonna pick up the 8ks(not a fan of minibearings) but the 6ks do look delicious. Choices, choices this year.

am i the only one who thinks those reebok pump skates look crappy? i guess i'm just to use to the silver and white designs with all the new skates these days.. also what is with the aluminumi chassic on a top of the line skate? i do like those pants though.. ;)

i am with shute and eazy I find those skates to be ugly. I personally don’t think they have the technology of the new skates that are coming out from mission and tour. But they have micros. But I have already used the Labeda micro wheels and have been told they are batter then the rink rat micros and the Labeda ones are awesome.

If you have an inline skate conversion and use "Micro bearings" in the converted chassis', be sure that the old holes in the sole of the boot from the original chassis are plugged (silicon caulk or similar)..The micro bearings in general seem to be much more prone to rust damage than the traditional bearings, so sweat pouring from those unplugged holes in a boot, can really shorten the life of your "mini's" if you do not take them out and dry them, and relube after every game....(not to mention what happens to your @ss when the sweat hits the wheels)

Every pair of "minis" we ever used seemed to fail after 4-5 months of extended use...but they did not get a lot of "tlc" either...

i'm not a big fan of mini's either but i have them on my PF10s and there is not much i can do cause the new wheels are mini only. i don't like the spin on them and i'm to cheap to buy new swiss mini's after putting down a big hunk of change for the skate itself... those new labeda wheels are not helping me much in terms of changing back to normal bearings either.

I had thought micro-bearings were on their way out of the market. Seems kind of weird seeing them as stock on a new skate.

Mission's is going to be too I believe.

I had thought micro-bearings were on their way out of the market.  Seems kind of weird seeing them as stock on a new skate.

Mission's is going to be too I believe.

Our top two skates have 688 bearings....

On a side note, why don't people support brands that actually support Roller Hockey? Why do they support brands that come in and just try to make a buck? Meanwhile rinks are closing and roller hockey is getting less and less participants. When was the last time that some of thes big companies did anything at the grassroots level or anything that would benefit the sport? I would rather people buy Tour skates, than some of these "big" brands..

This is my personal point of view and has nothing to do with Mission....

Just support the companies that are trying to grow the sport.

I totally agree Justin, But some of us 1)Have been using a brand for a while and are afraid to switch or 2) like the comfort of another company....Im nopt trying to start an argument, but some people like to stick to what is working for them, perhaps in ice for example....

I agree with Kovie. Most people grow up using a particular boot and stick with it. I used Mission boots for years. Then decided to start converting different brands. When I wanted to get back into Mission because I was always happy with the quality and design, the D and HE models came out and there was nothing about those DNA strands that I liked. So I bought some Bauers (didn't like), CCMs (didn't like), Easton Zairs (fell apart), Nike (only use outside now) and so I went back to my old trusty VSI's. It's time to part with them though. 6 years and they starting to show some wear, haha. That's the kind of quality that has made me a Mission guy for years, and I had every intention of staying that way.

Now I'm really interested in Tours. I'd love to try Missions, and stick with it. I have always been happy with anything Mission that I've bought. But they just aren't in the stores around me. As a matter of fact, the one LHS that did carry Mission told me they did not book new Mission stuff for the season.

So I would be taking a chance, sinking $399 or more into the new Quattros, by not having the chance to try them on first. I did that with the D series. Heard good things about D1Cs, spent $399 and hated them. Didn't really like the fit, and we won't talk about DNA. I had a heat baking issue, Mission/Justin helped me out bigtime. Sent me a new pair. Still couldn't get the feel for them. But the customer service was far superior to any I have dealt with. You can't easily turn your back on a company that won't turn their back on you.

It's the price I pay for not being in a hockey hot-bed of an area I guess. But I will no longer take chances with skates without trying them on first. Since Mission isn't around here, I will probably be in new set of Tours. It's very unfortunate, like I said, I have always liked the quality of Mission and have maintained a serious level of brand loyalty (VSI, VSI Carbon, D1C, different chassis, M1, M2, L2 blades, gloves, the list goes on and on...). I buy high-ticket items, but I'm not in a position to spend that kind of money on an unsure thing. It's really too bad, the new Quattro line looks very good, and has recaptured the true meaning of being a Mission product...superior in design, form, and function. But without having the chance to try them out, I will sadly have to pass.

On a side note, why don't people support brands that actually support Roller Hockey?  Why do they support brands that come in and just try to make a buck?  Meanwhile rinks are closing and roller hockey is getting less and less participants.  When was the last time that some of thes big companies did anything at the grassroots level or anything that would benefit the sport? I would rather people buy Tour skates, than some of these "big" brands..

This is my personal point of view and has nothing to do with Mission....

Just support the companies that are trying to grow the sport.

I've been a CCM guy since I've started playing. Even when I decided to try say Mission skates, I've always returned to CCMs. I've had bad experiences with Mission with chassis breaking, eyelets ripping out and losing support within only one month. That's just my personal experience. Like I said before, I have the 8Ks for ice and it's been my favorite skate to date. I currently have the PF8s for roller and they are the most comfortable inlines I've had since my 962s. Since Tour can't use a Hi-Lo, I don't find their skates as a reasonable alternative because of the humer chassis. So I support what gives me the most comfort, which right now is the 8K or the Vectors and if I want to get the 8Ks for roller, then that's my perogative. That's the end of my PSA.

In the end I think its all about performance and from what I can tell no one here has tried any of the Rbk roller gear and I highly doubt it will be as good as the stuff Mission and Tour make because this is Rbks first year with roller and although they have some knowledge based off of CCM it wont be as high quality. But hey if I got sponsored by any company I would wear their gear because it sure makes life in roller a lot less expensive.