Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimmy

Composite Goal Sticks?

That's interesting you say that, Justin. We were considering producing a composite goalie stick for the 2005 season, but they aren't big in Europe, so Sweden ask me if I could gather some feedback. The overall feedback I got from talking to retailers is goalies liked the longevity, but the paddles were too bouncy -- guys were giving up long rebounds.

Based on your experience, it seems it could depend on the design of the particular stick.

Jason,

It wouldn't say it depends on the design of the stick, but the goaltenders' ability to control rebounds with it. I generally try to send my rebounds to the corner, rather than out to the slot. I believe that is a generally good rule to play by. I imagine that if the stick was angled in such a way the puck hit the blade completely flat, it would produce a decent sized rebound.

Part of the reason I like the stick so much is that it directs the pucks into corners, and over the boards with authority. I don't have to worry about the puck limping off the stick and ending up at the side of the net rather than in the corner.

I would definitely be interested in seeing what Salming can come up with, if they decided to enter the composite goal stick market.

Now I know why Mike uses the Curtis Curve.  It'd be scary to see him play with a conventional handle - the stick would end up in the rafters!

The Curtis Curve kinda has a boomerang effect... I throw the stick...it comes back to me... :D

j/k... Couldn't get a handle on my new stick. Taped it up just before the game and skimped on the end knob. Once my blocker glove got wet... off she went. :o

Applicable to both points (composite goal sticks and Curtis Curves)...Christian is going to introduce a traditional composite goal stick in 2006. Research is also being done on making a composite Curtis Curve goal stick. Stay tuned for more details...

I would definitely be interested in seeing what Salming can come up with, if they decided to enter the composite goal stick market.

I once read a quote from Picasso that was something along the lines of:

"A good artist copies. A great artist steals."

So, given all the peeking at the tradeshows, it would be interesting whether we'd become imitators or thieves. :lol:

Agreed.. Mine is still alive too... I am using Koho 460 or something lol (OLD but I bought it at Canadian Tire so yah...) I am really having a hard time with sticks because they all break on the blade with me lets see 3 Sher - Woods 3 CCM's have all broken on the blade... Any one have any imput ona good stick... Whatabout those White sher woods are they custom order???