Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Championship Game!

We played in the Finals tonight against a team that had only lost once. Basically they were an over-40 team that kept bringing young kids on board. This was the fourth time we played them, and I swear there were one or two different 19-20 year-olds each game. Definitely a fluid roster. The scary thing is we only had seven players, while they showed up with eleven guys....and two new kids. B)

They went up 2-1 after one. We tied it after two. We went up 4-2 early in the third. They scored with six minutes left and, finally, with thirty seconds left they tied the score at 4-4. I thought for sure that would motivate them and they'd wear us down in overtime. But our D picked up the puck off the face-off, rushed up ice and fired a snapper. GOOOAAAALLLLLL! 16 seconds left. They pulled the goalie, our center hacked at it few times, it popped over their D's stick and started rolling....right into the net.

First time we won in six-and-a-half years in this league. The best part was how depressed they were in the hand-shake line; they couldn't believe they lost to seven players.

If I must say so myself, it was pretty impressive winning the Championship with seven guys. :D

Woah that must of been an intense game! Congrats Jason! Any points?

Thanks.

I don't think I had any points. I actually felt I played terribly. I tweaked my hamstring about two months ago; it's still hurting a little bit and it's making it tough to keep my conditioning.

I've never been a great player, but I've always hustled. I haven't been able to do that this season.

Wahoo! Congrats! My team is like the Canucks -- great in the regular season but always a playoff bust. Maybe it's a West Coast thing!

JJ