Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#28tz

Rink rat 06 performance

Are the new rink rat hornet 06 wheels any better than the 05 model as the 05 were so impressive.

I am probably going to get 4 of the 78a gold/purple wheels to go on the front and back of my skates and keep my 4 05 models in the middle.

I just want to know if anyone has used these or heard of the performance of them.

Heres a link

Rink rat 06 hornets

They're still kinda new. I think Epuck just released them within the last few weeks. I'm thinking not too many people have used them yet. Give 'er a couple more weeks and repost the question. If they're anything like last year's, they are great wheels. I don't even know how they could really improve them. Only bad thing about my wheels is that little cracks started forming. No chunking, no effect on performance. Just kinda gave you the idea they might chunk. I was lighter at the time though. I was only like 140lbs. My weight might have had something to do with them not chunking. Grip was great for a long time (season and half or so, of 3-4 games a week).

I have used them in a Tournament. If you like the 05 wheels then u pretty much know what to expect.

Same RR performance

Same RR Quality

Now if the Genesis would just come out for 688 core already :)

Tomas

DOH lol I meant to say 608 lol. I used the green 76a wheels. they seem faster and grip really good. On a sweet tile floor surface they will be fast, grip and last a pretty long time. I have been told the Genesis owns the RR in all areas. Im anxious to get them in 608.

Tomas

I've had both the Genesis and RR's.... for my money the Rats are still better.

The Labeda's are better when new but the RR performance doesn't diappear the longer you have the wheel, where as the genesis did I felt, especially the back ones.

i got the 06 wheels in the front, used them for about 5 games, and its still the same as the first time i used them...

so yah :D

i've officially switched from revision to rink rat.

I personally have tried practically every company.. rink rats are good and i think are the closest thing that compare to revisions but i guess its all personal preference.. i feel the speed and grip on turns is better in the revisions

I personally have tried practically every company.. rink rats are good and i think are the closest thing that compare to revisions but i guess its all personal preference.. i feel the speed and grip on turns is better in the revisions

Your right CSW1618. Its all a matter of PP. Some like Dynasties, some like RR, some like Revisons. Those are all good wheels that should perform at the highest levels.

Tomas

yeah, but what i noticed with the revisions is that they pretty much died after 10-15 games... it feels like an outdoor wheel right now...

but i did love the dynasties.. i just can't get a hold of them in vancouver canada right now...

Shute ....

It's a decent combo. Only got the hot shots on the back, but I like how the Labeda's dig in for the sprint but how the RR's hold on the turns.

I'm waiting to hear a bit more about the revisions and was going to give them a try next.

I"ve not tried the Revisions yet, but will soon, one thing I've heard is that the urethane is still being tweaked and dialed in..so those comments if they haven't wound up back in CA, should be passed on...

my wheels are holding up strong.. ive been using my revisions for 3 months now, im hard on wheels I weight 160/165.. i know they did switch the urethane a couple of times but mine are still practically brand new.. i used them at torhs for nationals and they were great.. couldnt be happier