Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Genesis Wheel on Code 1

well it sounds like more then 20% to me. is there anyone here that has the code 1 that doesn't have problems with the wheels? you would think they'll do a little real world R&D before they release stuff like that.

in case any of those major companies are watching i'm free to try out new stuff :P

I had this problem also. But I don’t own the code ones I bought me set for my skates once I could order the genesis. I had the exact same problem and well everyone in my area are breaking the Hubs and getting there free replacement wheel. In my case I only broke 1 wheel and that was weeks ago. They did though send me 2 so If I brake another one I already have the back I guess that was there reason for sending me 2 wheels when I only broke one. But out of my set of 8 I have only broken one. Also if you’re in what my position was where you break a wheel and you buy the wheels by themselves (not the ones that come on the code ones.) I had called Labeda and they told me to call where I got them from and they will replace it and not Labeda.

well it sounds like more then 20% to me. is there anyone here that has the code 1 that doesn't have problems with the wheels? you would think they'll do a little real world R&D before they release stuff like that.

in case any of those major companies are watching i'm free to try out new stuff :P

20% works out to 1.6 damaged wheels per 8. That's pretty good odds and seems to reflect what people here are finding.

well i guess if you look at it per wheel then that would make sense. but if you look at it per set of code1's then it's sounds more like 100%. who would release any product with a 100% problem rate?

well i guess if you look at it per wheel then that would make sense. but if you look at it per set of code1's then it's sounds more like 100%. who would release any product with a 100% problem rate?

It could easily happen to any manufacturer. There is such a rush to get products on the market before anyone else comes up with something similar that you are likely to see more flaws and problems with products every year.

Wether you buy the code-1's or the wheels themselves... the problem rate is still the same... 10-20%. Basically... if you buy 8 wheels, 1 will most likely have a cracked core... maybe 2.

Labeda told me they were rushing to get the weight down and time for the code-1 and there was some mistake by the place that builds the wheels were they weren't supposed to run the entire lot. Who knows... but at least they are taking care of everything for me, and from what I hear, everyone else.

guitarlp, like i said earlier my friends cracked in nationals and he didnt notice a clicking.. im sure eventually the clicking would have started sooner or later. Im sure he was skating with the crack for a while and he prob got by a game or 2. I think the real problem is when the hole core cracks off and a wheel flys off.. im not saying I would play with a cracked core cause I wouldnt want to take the chance.

My friend got these wheels seperate from the code 1s from eddie in the tour booth, he used them on his blue maxs because he was getting the code1s later at statewars

To give everybody a little understanding in what happened with the original production of the Genesis wheels. During R& D of the product we were pushing the weight threshold of the wheel to the extreme finding how light we could make the wheel while keeping its structural integrity. The weight of the wheel is completely dictated by the GFC Core. The core is not hollow it is solid but a blown urethane allowing us to fill it with more or less gas to lighten or strengthen the core. Through our testing we found the ideal weight that would give us the strength we need while maintaing the light weight we were looking for. In the production of the outer urethane some of the lighter non approved cores got mixed in with the approved parts. This mistake was not realized until the complete first run was poured. We went to destroy all of the non approved parts and could not locate all the parts. We pour all our own wheels and we caught this but not until most of the wheels shipped. We know the exact amount of non approved cores that is why we can estimate the percentage of potentially defective parts. While we apologize for this inconvenience we do stand behind the replacement of these bad parts. All new parts currently produced are right and true. Labeda prides themselves on their quality and technology in every wheel we make so to see this happen is embarrassing and we plan on handling every situation in the up most proffessional manner.