Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netminder32

Bauer XXX Goalie Skate ... first pics

Actually, they are out on the market. Just only in "D" width's. Again, due to production problems they have been unable to keep up with demand so they are shipping standard "D" widths first. Many stores have 'em in stock now. "E" and "EE" widths won't be available until March 2006 though...

Bear in mind those are "retail" skates. The pro's / semi pro's have been in them since the beginning of the season. Case in point; Both Plymouth Whalers goalies as I previously mentioned. So there is some history available for them even if it is brief at this point.

i know we got our bauer vapor XXX goal skates and we have both D and EE. theres no more E width in bauers just ccm/rbk

The Graf goalie boot is the only one that doesn't use the cowling for support. It is, by far, the best goalie boot on the market.

The Riedell custom goal skates have the best boot on the market. Granted they cost like $800, but at that rate they better be the best.

They took the scallops out because after a period of time the plastic scallops were seperating from the steel due to the constant change in temperature that the plastic goes thru.  The steel is fine.  It amazes me how a product that is not even out in the market can get so bashed because of the old " I heard from someone that....."

It wasn't just the scallops, it's also the new steel laws in China. The Bauer/Nike rep told me that even after taking the scallops out they were still having probs with the blades warping. They said they new what the problem was, but they were still having problems due to the new regulations in China. He said it was still a concern to them as they don't like inferior products leaving the factory, that it wasn't a big concern though as it was only affecting 1 out of every 20 skates.

the bauer rep stopped by my shop awhile ago with the skate, and it looks solid, but i would never wear it, I've used CCM all my life so even though they look wicked, I'm sticking with what I know works...

We had a customer come in last week and tell us his steel was warped on his xxx's. It had a wicked hook in it so we checked the rest of our stock and out of the first 5 or so pairs we looked at all of the blades were bent some worse than others, I think BNH has a mess on there hands with these skates, our customer was pissed that he just paid $499 for a pair of skates with bend blades