Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fletch

"Hockey Controller" orthotics

Has anyone heard of this company or tried these orthotics?

http://www.orthlab.com/cart/description.php?II=4

I have flat feet (almost no arch whatsoever) and I am going to look into a pair of orthotics for my next pair of skates.

And on this page, my feet pronate on my skates just as it looks in the picture on the left. If these orthotics could make my feet look like the pic on the right, I'm sold.

http://www.orthlab.com/skating.html

I have custom orthotics for my shoes, but my podiatrist doesn't make them full length and he also needs me to bring the skates in first so he can shape them to that, but since I don't know what skate I am going to get (I want to be sure they'll fit my feet right) I'm not sure I want to go the custom route.

EDIT - I spoke with the guy who runs the company, and he explained to me for 25 minutes on his method vs. "custom" heel orthotics. Good stuff. Actually, his full length orthotics are almost custom, as he will refine them until you get the fit you want. If it never gets to your comfort level, he will return your money. I think I am going to give them a shot.

i have ones that are the same ones made for pros and i knwo this beacuase i saw pros getting the saem one when i got them. i love them, before pain and kinda ankle skating, now glory.

i have ones that are the same ones made for pros and i knwo this beacuase i saw pros getting the saem one when i got them. i love them, before pain and kinda ankle skating, now glory.

Do you have flat feet that pronate a lot? I'm curious to see just how well an othotic with a wedge will help me.

Do you have flat feet that pronate a lot? I'm curious to see just how well an othotic with a wedge will help me.

I've seen you skate, you don't need more help :D

Del

yup so have orthotic sin shoes and skates, both diff and custom made

Well, if these ones for my skates work out, I will probably go with ones for my shoes made by the same guy.

I've seen you skate, you don't need more help :D

Del

LIES!

:P

Umm, they cant work properly in my view.

Because they're all flat, the foot is laying flat on the ground getting pressed on, which hurts some skaters. When you get custom orthotics, they have certain ridges (sp?) where you need them, cause every foot is different.

I will upload some pics of my custom orth's when i got the time.

But when do you know if you need orthotics for skating. Is it when you kind of a duck skating motion? (I mean skating with feet like that V)

If not, how do you know it?

I'm going off the fact that my skates always start to crease because my feet pronate so much. It's not that I'm an "ankle skater" it's just due to the fact that my feet just naturally go outward and in. Not much I can do about it technique-wise....but if an orthotic will help then I'm going to go for it.

Because they're all flat, the foot is laying flat on the ground getting pressed on, which hurts some skaters. When you get custom orthotics, they have certain ridges (sp?) where you need them, cause every foot is different.

I don't think it's completely flat.

Also, the top layer of the orthotic is memory-foam, so it will adjust (albeit slightly) to the contours of your foot.

And if they ultimately don't work for me, they have a complete money-back guarantee (minus shipping).

If the bottom of my feet have hurt in every single pair of skates I've worn, is it safe to say I should look into othotics?

Possibly....but I'm no expert.

You can call the number in that link I posted. The guy I spoke to (Bruce) was very informative and really seems to know his stuff.

Also, the top layer of the orthotic is memory-foam, so it will adjust (albeit slightly) to the contours of your foot.

And if they ultimately don't work for me, they have a complete money-back guarantee (minus shipping).

Yeah ok,

i took the Superfeet and ShockDoctor Insoles with me when i went to the doctor/technican who made the custom orths with and for me and he said that both are crap.

The man knows his job so i trust him completely.

Yeah ok,

i took the Superfeet and ShockDoctor Insoles with me when i went to the doctor/technican who made the custom orths with and for me and he said that both are crap.

The man knows his job so i trust him completely.

I'm not doubting you, bud. We'll see what happens. I'll make sure to post about it after I get them.

I have custom orthotics in my G-35's. I love them, in my 7's I didn't have them, or in my XX's, but now that I do I feel like I have more support and they feel amazing. I've got flat feet and they pronate a lot. I just got them from my podiatrist, though..

I have custom orthotics in my G-35's. I love them, in my 7's I didn't have them, or in my XX's, but now that I do I feel like I have more support and they feel amazing. I've got flat feet and they pronate a lot. I just got them from my podiatrist, though..

Are they full foot orthotics, or just heel orthotics?

Also, do your feet "straighten out" now like in the before and after pics shown here? -

http://www.orthlab.com/skating.html

Mine are full, they act as insoles for my skates.

My feet don't straighten out like that, I never had a problem with pronation when skating, just with walking. I had a lot of arch (or lack of) pain in my skates, and once I got these I straightened out. Don't get me wrong though, if you have a problem with pronation when you are skating (and feel like it inhibits you) then get orthotics