Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D3nZ

CIS player suffers serious neck injury

I was at that game, right in the exact corner one of the most frightning things I've ever seen. Everything came to a dead silent when the guy hit the board. We got an e-mail in our university mail (because I go at the Université de Moncton) and he is probably paralized for life from the neck down. He was one of the best players in the team and the team will trully miss him and they probably lost their chance at winning the canadian championship in an instant. A sad sad incident.

http://www.tsn.ca/cis/news_story.asp?id=140814

No touch icing in the CIS, another player from Moncton dumped the puck in the corner and they were both chassing the puck, the guy from Acadia turned and he fell on his ass facing the guy from Moncton. The guy from Moncton fell on his knees on top of the Axemens' players knees and the top of his head directly hit the boards so his spine took all the shock. His 5th vertabrea just broke into little peaces, they did a bone transplant and put in a metal plate to stabilize his spine but regaining full capabilities is probably out of the question.

For a link of the play go on:

http://www.radio-canada.ca/regions/atlanti...quecesoir.shtml

Click on the Lundi 24 octobre news and a video of the news should appear it's in french though and I'm not sure at what time the article will appear. I am still in shock and kinda want to forget the incident and don't see the video again.

i saw this on the news very sad. the axemen player new right way that he was hurt bad. i could barly watch that before my game tonight. very sad incdent.

Wow thats terrible. I'm very sad to hear that too. For anyone that wanted to watch the video, its at about 30 seconds into the news thing that D3nz posted

For those of us up here in the Northeast US it is kind of reminisent of the Travis Roy accident. For those who don't know, Travis was from North Yarmouth, Maine(about an hour away). He played for Boston University, and in the first shift of his first game in his freshman year, he went to check another player, caught an edge and missed and hit his head on the top of the boards. He was paralyzed from like the chest down. But he did graduate from BU and now heads up the Travis Roy Foundation. So there is a success story there. Hopefuly there will be a success story for this player as well.

For those of us up here in the Northeast US it is kind of reminisent of the Travis Roy accident. For those who don't know, Travis was from North Yarmouth, Maine(about an hour away). He played for Boston University, and in the first shift of his first game in his freshman year, he went to check another player, caught an edge and missed and hit his head on the top of the boards. He was paralyzed from like the chest down. But he did graduate from BU and now heads up the Travis Roy Foundation. So there is a success story there. Hopefuly there will be a success story for this player as well.

Eleven Seconds...good book...

Yh i saw the Travis incident on a The colorado Avalanche Stanley cup video when Chris Drury was talking about how he was on the same line that shift the incident occured.

Yeah i saw that on the Colorado Avalanche video. Also, he said that when it happened, all that Travis said when his dad came to help him was "I made it."

This was freaky, it's hit around here. I was watching the game and it was just weird. No one seem to think it was this bad. He's an Ontario boy too, played in the OHL for for year, and has a twin brother. Hopes and Prayers go out to his family