Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingjames23rulz

'05 Famous Brand ( XXX )

i really hate to bring this topic back up again but how much stiffer do you guys think the 320 (77) flex stick would get if i cut 2-3 inches off it? would it make that much difference compared to the 280 (85) flex cut down the same amount? i cant decide between the 2.

i really hate to bring this topic back up again but how much stiffer do you guys think the 320 (77) flex stick would get if i cut 2-3 inches off it? would it make that much difference compared to the 280 (85) flex cut down the same amount? i cant decide between the 2.

The Bauer sticks don't come with end plugs as they are manufactured longer. I cut mine to the legnth of an un-cut Easton with an end plug and it remained true to flex (in my case the 77). That should give you an idea.

thanks, that does help but then it doesnt. i was hoping it would get stiffer because i would like an 80 flex stick. i think im going to go 280 (85) just so i dont get stuck with a really whippy stick.

I had to cut about an inch and a half off of my vapor xxx lite and it did get stiffer. It is an 87 flex but now feels just slightly whippier than a 95 flex.

Edit: If you have to cut more than 2 inches off, your best bet would be the 77 flex. If you cut 2-3 inches off of the 77 flex it will probably feel more like an 85.

If you can, go to your lhs and flex both the 87 and 77 flex vapor xxx's (xx's or v's would work too as long as they are 77 or 87 flex). Choke down on the shaft about 2 or 3 inches form the top where your hand would be when you cut the stick. Then you will be able find out what the flex will be like when you cut it.

when i have to do this...just go for a sharpening or anything like a roll of tape and go see by interest the stick...

I do feel bad because i rarely bought stick in store but last time i did...i bought a 250cnd r2xn10 150cnd syns sicore and a pair of vaporXX...so now i dont feel that bad...

If you can, go to your lhs and flex both the 87 and 77 flex vapor xxx's (xx's or v's would work too as long as they are 77 or 87 flex). Choke down on the shaft about 2 or 3 inches form the top where your hand would be when you cut the stick. Then you will be able find out what the flex will be like when you cut it.

i would do this, but i dont have a LHS in the town i live in. the closest one is in the town i play out of and i rarly get to go there. i buy all my tape just from the rink. i did have a chance this past weekend to flexx a 77 but not an 87. ( and i didnt get that good of feel of the flex because there was a sign right next to the sticks that said " do not flex sticks") i know the 87 is pretty stiff from past experinces flexing one. im jsut a little worried about buying a 77 when ive been using an 85 even tho when cut down its a bit too stiff

Almost bought one these yesterday but ended up with a C8 XN10 for $100. Besides the appearance the stick is exactly like my XXX and the ones they had in the store. I never flexed any so I can't help to solve any of those problems.

I'm interested in buying some of these, and the following curves : N71, NM10, N92, are the only ones that i can buy in my hand, so i was wondering what each of these curves can be compared to by easton standards, or other companies curves.

(I compared in the Pattern DB but couldn't get any clear results)

thanks.

71 is the St Louis/Peca- Hatcher Clone (high lie, mid curve, a more open Lindros)

10 is the Gagne - Shanny Clone

92 is the Naslund- Sakic Clone

thanks, McCabe, but how much of a difference is there in the 71 curve compared to the lindros, because i use the lindros and like it a lot. if anyone knows where i can find a pic or the 71 or a similar curve would be greatly appreciated.

im not sure how much of a clone it is but these are aweesome sticks. i recently bought 2 77 flex NM9 curve. so far the durability is great. its only been 3 weeks tho.