Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lee92

Marchant becomes a Duck

So, why wasn't he included in the trade for Fedorov?????

btw, since we seem to be watching the waiver wire...Karpotsev on waivers by the Panthers. Not expected to be claimed...(according to McKenzie on TSN)

He waived it to be traded apperantly, but Burke didn't want him at that point. Did he come "up" through waivers, which would make him worth half his salary? I can't understand that. They said if he was picked up by Anahiem he'd have a case to fight it with both the NHLPA and NHL because the lock-out caused him to be screwed in this situation.

As for Potsi, he has all the talent in the world, but just doesn't want to be a hockey player. Appernatly Fata and someone else on the Pens were waived as well, in addition to Koltsov.

He waived it to be traded apperantly, but Burke didn't want him at that point. Did he come "up" through waivers, which would make him worth half his salary? I can't understand that. They said if he was picked up by Anahiem he'd have a case to fight it with both the NHLPA and NHL because the lock-out caused him to be screwed in this situation.

TSN said he was claimed "after being put on waiver for a second time this week" Maybe when he cleared and they didnt' send him down right away....it expired, and was exposed to waivers again. I don't think it was on the way "up" because to the best of my knowledge...he was never sent down.

I'm pretty sure that this way the Ducks are getting him for half his salary as opposed to his overpaid 2M contract.

Teams aren't permitted to pay a portion of the salary of a traded player and he wasn't coming up from the minors so the re-entry clause doesn't apply.

I'm pretty sure that this way the Ducks are getting him for half his salary as opposed to his overpaid 2M contract.

Teams aren't permitted to pay a portion of the salary of a traded player and he wasn't coming up from the minors so the re-entry clause doesn't apply.

I see. I was under the impression that Marchant would be sent down to the minors and recalled in order for Columbus to pay half of his contract and make other teams more interested in him but that wasn't needed as Anaheim still expressed interest in.