Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netminder32

New CCM Vector Pads.

I think that the CCM goalie pads have gone downhill since the came out with the Blockade.  I have to admit the blockade was a big step ahead, but in my opinion it was a horrible pad.  I had to use a set during a tournament about 3 years ago...I hated them because they had zero flex and the rebounds fly out.  The Gatekeeper was a step towards making a good pad for them, but not a big enough one.  I think that these vector pads, from what I've seen, might be another step backward.  I think they lost it when they lost Brian Heaton.

1st off, those Vectors shown in the first pic are not the Pro vectors. Those are the Vector sr pads. As for Masterpirates remarks, you also have to keep in mind that it takes a period of adjustment to get use to controlling rebounds with new pads, especially if they are completely different then your old pads. Not to mention not every set of pads are meant for everyones style of play. Just because they don't suit you does it make them a "horrible pad".

As for Mr. Heaton, while his early stuff was phenominal as of late he's been riding the coattails of young designers. In his last couple stints as head designer at various companies he was using younger designers at the companies designs and all the success was going to him because of his high profile name. This happened at TPS and CCM. If you look at his new stuff that he's producing on his own, it's hardly innovative or even nice looking.

As for Marty, those aren't Heaton 10s either. Ever since Marty signed his contract with CCM, he's had them making new pads that are replicas of his old D'R Quantum pads. All his stuff is based off the original designs of the Quantum gear. The only real changes he's made in his stuff was he went with like a +1" pad a season ago. I think he even went back to his original size as that was a mistake by CCM. He just played with them for a while until he got the new ones where he wanted them.

I think that the CCM goalie pads have gone downhill since the came out with the Blockade.  I have to admit the blockade was a big step ahead, but in my opinion it was a horrible pad.  I had to use a set during a tournament about 3 years ago...I hated them because they had zero flex and the rebounds fly out.  The Gatekeeper was a step towards making a good pad for them, but not a big enough one.  I think that these vector pads, from what I've seen, might be another step backward.  I think they lost it when they lost Brian Heaton.

1st off, those Vectors shown in the first pic are not the Pro vectors. Those are the Vector sr pads. As for Masterpirates remarks, you also have to keep in mind that it takes a period of adjustment to get use to controlling rebounds with new pads, especially if they are completely different then your old pads. Not to mention not every set of pads are meant for everyones style of play. Just because they don't suit you does it make them a "horrible pad".

As for Mr. Heaton, while his early stuff was phenominal as of late he's been riding the coattails of young designers. In his last couple stints as head designer at various companies he was using younger designers at the companies designs and all the success was going to him because of his high profile name. This happened at TPS and CCM. If you look at his new stuff that he's producing on his own, it's hardly innovative or even nice looking.

As for Marty, those aren't Heaton 10s either. Ever since Marty signed his contract with CCM, he's had them making new pads that are replicas of his old D'R Quantum pads. All his stuff is based off the original designs of the Quantum gear. The only real changes he's made in his stuff was he went with like a +1" pad a season ago. I think he even went back to his original size as that was a mistake by CCM. He just played with them for a while until he got the new ones where he wanted them.

Funny that you mention the old Quantum pds, as DR released a new version. What's your take on the leg channel from the new pad?

Funny that you mention the old Quantum pds, as DR released a new version. What's your take on the leg channel from the new pad?

Unfortunately I didnt get to take a look at them. We were running low on time so we opted to take a look at other booths over D'R. I wish I had more time to check out their new stuff.