Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2006 Easton Catalogue

Have you felt the Synergy 2 JR? What do you think of the shaft shape?

The Synergy II shaft is not any thinner than the synthesis as far as I can tell. I have them bot in my hands right now and I can't really tell the difference.

Just placed an order for an '06 Z-Bubble grip 85-flex, Synergy II Sakic blade and Z-Carbon CNT Lidstrom blade from epuck. The Z-Carbon is on preorder... epuck won't get them 'til second week of June... so I should have mine by July I guess. I plan on sticking the Lidstrom in the new Z-bubble whenever it gets here. My current Z-Bubble needs a replacement for the Z-Carbon Si-Core Sakic it has now... but it can last another month or so. I'll probably stick another Sakic in there... or maybe try an Iginla or Drury.

On that note... I seem to recall that the Drury was an Yzerman clone... is that right or am I getting confused?

I'll be sure to chime in once I get all this stuff and try it out. I love my current Z-Bubble/Sakic Si-Core combo... other than the fact that it's a friggin 110 flex. I'm hoping I can get more velocity with the new 85 flex.

Thanks,

Jeff

On that note... I seem to recall that the Drury was an Yzerman clone... is that right or am I getting confused?

Yeah, you're getting confused. Those are both Easton patterns, so they wouldn't be clones of each other. Take a peak at the pattern DB on top.

Yeah, you're getting confused. Those are both Easton patterns, so they wouldn't be clones of each other. Take a peak at the pattern DB on top.

Drury is similar to the original Yzerman Pro or YP pattern. It's nothing like the Yzerman retail.

Ahh, thanks for the correction. And thanks for explaining the YP thing. I always wondered what the "P" was in "YP".

Regs,

Jeff

No time for a full review, but I just took out my new S9 shoulder pads for a spin today and they felt great.

I was never a fan of Easton shoulder pads, but the S9/S5 design stood out this year. I come from mostly playing roller, so I absolutely HATE shoulder pads. Tried them on at the store and they were very comfy. I was actually uneasy about the fact that I did not feel the shoulder caps. I hit the ice after work today, and after 5 minutes on the ice, I completely forgot I had them on.

Not sure how they would hold up in a checking league, but they look well built. But obviously weight reduction and mobility comes with some compromise in durability. Nonetheless, they're the most comfortable pads I've played in.