Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastmiele

blade curves - what does 5/8 mean ?

regarding details of blade curves. I was wondering was exactly do numbers like 1/2, 5/8, etc mean ? I was guessing that is the point of the blade where it starts curving the most (eg. 5/8 mid - I thought might mean its a mid curve and the greatest point of curve starts happening at 5/8 of the length of the blade starting from the heel). Does this make sense ? I am just looking at the Mission L-2 curves and one says 1/2 mid and another says 1/2 heel.

thanks.

http://2004.missionhockey.com/MissionHocke...og/L2_Stick.asp

That's the curve depth mewasured in fractions of an inch. 1/2" mid curve, 5/8" mid curve, etc...

Justin told us the Hull is an Iginla clone, that would be a mid and not a heel like the website says. Gaborik is a Modano clone and Hatcher is Peca clone.

okay I see, that makes sense. Wouldn't it be good if blade manufacturers also tell you approximately where the curve actually starts. For example, I prefer heel curves that start curving near the heel rather than closer to the the middle of the blade.

thanks.

That's why we're working on a new blade chart with pics of all the blades. I don't like the fact that all of the manufacturers are using renderings instead of actual blade pictures.