Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

No #19 on Team Canada

I figured nobody would jump right in and take #19 but I didn't expect them to make it off limits. I mean its just a number, most have a set international number ala the USA Basketball team as well. That why's if someone were to take 19 I would have thought it would be Spezza, with Sakic 91, Thornton 97, Richards 39 and Doan 9 as usual. Nice gesture by Wayne but I don't think it was necessary, he is respected in wide enough circles for whatever Gretzky feels like should happen to occur on its own.

I also don't think that he should make it off-limits. I'd understand if it was the Red Wings, but what does it say of Joe Sakic (who of the #19s mentioned, I think is the most esteemed next to Stevie)? That he isn't worthy of the number?

I love Steve Yzerman, but I think Sakic should be next in line to wear #19. I don't get the feeling that #19 will ever be retired EVERYWHERE, like #99, and soon to be #66...

i dont think it was just waynes idea ,didnt sakic refuse to wear 19 in the world cup?

Dunno, but if he feels that it's Steve's number and that he doesn't want to wear it, then that's his decision as well, and a very classy one at that.

yzerman is going to be pissed i bet

I don't think he'll be "pissed" I think he will be slightly annoyed & bewildered that this is getting so much attention.

I think its a proper response to a classy gesture by Steve. I can't imagine that anyone would try to wear it in this Olympics, though.

Speaking of unofficially retired numbers, I almost crapped my pants when I saw Seabrook wearing #7 the other day. For some reason that seemed terrible to me.

I think its a proper response to a classy gesture by Steve. I can't imagine that anyone would try to wear it in this Olympics, though.

Speaking of unofficially retired numbers, I almost crapped my pants when I saw Seabrook wearing #7 the other day. For some reason that seemed terrible to me.

Chris Chelios' #7? Who cares?

When it's time to retire his number, I'm sure Seabrook will give it up.

I think its a proper response to a classy gesture by Steve.  I  can't imagine that anyone would try to wear it in this Olympics, though. 

Speaking of unofficially retired numbers, I almost crapped my pants when I saw Seabrook wearing #7 the other day.  For some reason that seemed terrible to me.

Chris Chelios' #7? Who cares?

When it's time to retire his number, I'm sure Seabrook will give it up.

Geez, I thought you were pissed because Pit Martin wore the 7 back in the day!

As for Joe, let him wear 88. He did in Quebec.

Seeing 5, 7 and 27 on the ice with the Hawks just doesn't feel right. At least Seabrook is a stud and is going to be a good player for a long time. Cullimore and Simpson, not so much.

I think its a proper response to a classy gesture by Steve.  I  can't imagine that anyone would try to wear it in this Olympics, though. 

Speaking of unofficially retired numbers, I almost crapped my pants when I saw Seabrook wearing #7 the other day.  For some reason that seemed terrible to me.

Seeing 5, 7 and 27 on the ice with the Hawks just doesn't feel right. At least Seabrook is a stud and is going to be a good player for a long time. Cullimore and Simpson, not so much.

What are you talking about?! Jassen Cullimore is a STUD if there ever was one...so is that Jason Bonsignore guy...talk about dominant...