Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Core Muscles?

The core is the centre of your body. Think of your abs and stomach muscles and back. I also like to include upper legs and shoulders, but that's me - though I don't know if that's clinically correct (probably not).

I'm no pro, but in sepetmber I began to focus on working out my 'core'. I foucsed on my obliques, abs, lower back, and hip flexors, and I found that after the 4 weeks I did this, my shots and passes became MUCH more powerful. It could be a freak circumstance, but I definately noticed a difference after working my 'core'.

The core is the centre of your body. Think of your abs and stomach muscles and back. I also like to include upper legs and shoulders, but that's me - though I don't know if that's clinically correct (probably not).

That's about right. Most college and junior strength programs that I've seen focus on that area. Put bluntly by a meathead strength coach - "Anything between the nipples and the knees".

i found it really helped out with my stability and balance on my skates. when i watch tv, i usually sit on one of those big exercise balls and try to balance myself out, while sucking in the stomach. works wonders.

but i also read in a book about core strength training, that good core strength should involve good posture.