Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tml67

ABS blade for tapered shaft..are they available?

Looking for a cheap ABS blade for tapered shaft.

I'm staying away from the Eaton synthesis blades...they are just too expensive. Do I have any other alternatives? I'm specifically looking for ABS blades to fit a tapered shaft...are even available?

I have been using regular Koho 2260/3385 ABS blades for ball hockey.

I know the Easton has the hybrid in wood, the rest are expensive composites. What kind of selection do we have from TPS and Bauer? Price range?

I tried shaving a regular senior blade for the tapered end...bad idea...it affected the integrity of the hosel...wasted two brand new blades in two games.

There is the wood synthesis from Easton, R2 wood from TPS, the 7500 from Bauer. $11-$19 Non will last as long as a composite blade but will cost you a 4th of the price. Non have ABS. 1800faceoff has the easton wood synthesis if I recall. I tried to shave down a CCM Vector-60, awesome outdoor blades but also screwed up the hosel

No one that I know of make a tapered ABS blade! If you wanted ABS you would have to shave the hosel down, however when the new Z-2 comes out you should check them out! Kinda like cross between abs and composite, I have no idea how much they would cost when they come out, which should be in spring!

Tapered shafts are designed for performance. Cheapie ABS blades are not. So there is really no reason real need for tapered ABS blades.

I'm assuming you want a durable blade for ballhockey?

If you are using it indoor, then the closest to ABS would be the new Vector 130 blades---I believe they are tapered. They are a higher end (pricey?) product though. Otherwise you other choice would be to stick to woodies, or use a standard shaft.

You could always try fiberglass reinforcing the bottom of a woodie or using bondo/auto-body repair compound on it. Someone on my team used super-glue on the tip of his SL blade because it was cracking. Worked fine for him.

I was at National Sports over the weekend...they had the Easton wood synthesis for $40, the composite Easton blades start at $70 and they were marked down already :o At those price levels, I think I'll get better value with an OPS. They had some starting at $60. For now, I'll stick with my trusted regular Koho 2260 ABS blades.