Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DLIGHTNING

WARNING

Turco would be dumb enough to do that and not go thru a fence.

Merry Christmas, Turco you twat. I hope you get violated by a reindeer this Christmas.

Mack- you never cease to amaze me with your responses. However, I think he's too busy teabagging the mailman who "lost" all of the hockey and baseball gear he mailed.

I think that this is the kind of stuff that Dlighting is talking about-

What a deal

Actually, I think those might be from lost/damaged freight.

I had a guy email looking for more G1's, since he really liked the one he bought. I asked him where he had bought the existing stick, and he told me there is an auction house in Salt Lake City that sells freight that has been lost or damaged. When he told me what else was there, I realized it was from a shipment that UPS had claimed to have lost almost nine months earlier.

If you look at the seller's address, it's SLC.

The wissota I had was a piece of crap but I was able to do a better job than most people in my area with it. Now that I have a good machine and a better holder, it's not even close.

I agree, but... Wissota's are not meant for volume sharpening, or for main use by pro-shops. They are perfect for the home sharpener. Once you have it set up properly and providing you have good technique, it is capable of finishes just like Blackstones, Flemings, and other high price machines. You must of course dump the 60 grit wheel that comes with it and get a good 80grit.

And you would, too, if you could. They can, they do, they will. It is called a "free marketplace." Supply and demand drives the price. This is Economics 101. It has been going on like this since the Romans. Nobody is forcing the consumer to buy anything. If you don't like the price, don't buy the product. "If you want to dance, you've got to pay the band." Otherwise, stay in your chair and tap your feet.

The stick market is a much better example of oligopolistic competition than perfect competition. Supply is irrelevant. Easton sets their prices at a profit maximizing level that is dependent on market demand.

The wissota I had was a piece of crap but I was able to do a better job than most people in my area with it. Now that I have a good machine and a better holder, it's not even close.

I agree, but... Wissota's are not meant for volume sharpening, or for main use by pro-shops. They are perfect for the home sharpener. Once you have it set up properly and providing you have good technique, it is capable of finishes just like Blackstones, Flemings, and other high price machines. You must of course dump the 60 grit wheel that comes with it and get a good 80grit.

the shop i just left had a wissota. It took a while to get used to coming off the blademaster i had in my old shop. The wheel spun the opposite way, so that took a little to get used to before doing high level figure skates, but for the most part if you have a good wheel and know what you are doing, you can do a fine job on almost any skate