Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thunderhockey19

Another Ipod question?

So i got an ipod today for christmas, and i transferred alot of my songs from my computer on to it. now i d/l a few more songs, on itunes and want to transfer them to my ipod, but for some reason when clicking file in itunes, it says i cannot update my ipod. also in another part, it says there is no ipod connected. all of my connections are tight and work properly. but somehow the part of the playlists that is usually there, that blinks when updating your ipod is gone? is there a way to add another one of those folders?is that even the problem? someone please help!

I dont have an ipod or know the software, but maybe its just one of those deals where you'd have to go to "view" or "tools" or "options" in the bar across the top of the screen and look for something that says "show window" or such. just tryin to help.

make your updating manual not automatic, i hate that automatic shit cuz i have ephpod so whenever i put a song on my ipod i delete it off my comp. manual updates is so much better cuz if i delete the songs off my comp it deletes them off my ipod when its automatic

Oh, if it's not showing, disconnect it from your computer (the USB/Firewire cable) give it a second, and plug it back in.

Oh, and auto-update is fine, you just keep all the music in both places. I only use manual to change songs on my friends' iPods.

Do what? Disconnect it? Just un-plug it.

To change to manual updating: Edit > Preferences > iPod > Manual updating button thing.

Oh, and restart iTunes, I just mimicked your problem, by closing iTunes, restarted it, and no iPod showed up.

Link

Did you try all the steps above? Note that restoring it is different than resetting. Restoring is like getting a brand new iPod. If you have to restore it, uninstall everything and start fresh.

Hey i dont mean to jack the thread but when i open itunes it says, iTunes has incountered a problem and has to close, Anyone know what to do. Also i have a video ipod, anyone know how to put videos that have downloaded from limwire, kazaa etc on to it?

Cheers