Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dougie8

Fight In World Juniors

None of you probably heard about this, cause the game wasn't on T.V. but the game I was at tonight, Russia vs. Slovakia, there was a fight, they had the gloves off and everything (pretty good fight, Russia won it) I was just thinking, will there be suspensions or what? the ref gave them each "Match Penalties". The Russian player was a good player, Can't recall of his name, but he is #14, It might hurt Russia to lose him for some games

I'm pretty sure, almost 100%, than any player that is involved in a fight is out for the entire tournament. I'm not positive, but I am pretty sure that is the case.

I just saw this on TSN. It was a draw. The Russian player fought with gloves on and was almost getting tooled. Slovak player had his bucket and mittens off but the Russian player just had his helmet off. Bob Mackenzie was saying that match penalties for this tournament result in a one game suspension.

He is out the rest of the game, then the IIHF comittee looks at the situation and says if that player deserves a match penalty (wich most of the time is given).

Thanks guys,

I think, the only reason he was fighting with his gloves on, was cause he didnt wanna get suspended. But after he got clocked a couple times, he got mad and dropped the gloves. He gave him a litlle Piledriver at the end too, haha

Yea I was at that game, such a good fight. The slovakian guy was a good 4-5 inches taller than the Ruskie but he got absolutely worked. The Russian guy was #14, Kulemin. As some other guys said, he and the Slovakian are out for 1 game and then back in action.

Were you at tonight's game too? I have passes for all the Kelowna games, I'm right next to the Away team Bench (Section 111). It's a legit seat because the Scratches from whatever team is playing are always next to where I am, and the other night I sat next to Zagrapan and Horsky when they weren't playing.