Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DLIGHTNING

Do you remember when ?

Anyone else rocking one of these egyptian artifacts? I'm not sure, but I think this is the same cage that Jesus wore the year he led the Mesopotamian League in scoring.

HAHA, Jesus didn't need a cage, he used the force to direct the puck away from his face.

I wore the ProTec cage that Hipster has back in the 70s. I wore it with the 4 point Adams football chinstrap set-up as well. Boston College used the football chin strap set-ups way back then. I wore that wire cage until the 90s when another player's stick blade got wedged in an opening about 1/8" from my eye. Certified wire cage ever since.

Anyone else rocking one of these egyptian artifacts? I'm not sure, but I think this is the same cage that Jesus wore the year he led the Mesopotamian League in scoring.

HAHA, Jesus didn't need a cage, he used the force to direct the puck away from his face.

I think you're thinking of Luke Skywalker :)

That is a classic cage though...a guy around here plays with this old bowling ball looking round helmet and a flat cage that practially touches his nose, pretty funny. The original sticker on the back says 1975-76.

I think you're thinking of Luke Skywalker :)

That is a classic cage though...a guy around here plays with this old bowling ball looking round helmet and a flat cage that practially touches his nose, pretty funny. The original sticker on the back says 1975-76.

Yeah, well someone had to teach the Jedis.

I still have my Easton Aluminum w/Red Writing and my Easton Aluminum ProAxis shafts. I miss my old Jofa gretzky/kurri style helmet which broke after i took a clearing attempt off the nugget one game a couple years ago. I had some old Northland and Christian wood sticks that were about 1ft taller than me when I was 10 that I used to play hockey with my dad's old winter gloves in Augusta.

And when we played street hockey I remember my parents buying me the old Canadien wood/ABS blade sticks and the KOHO Revolution sticks. Those were the only two that Champs sports had in Augusta before the Augusta Lynx came to town.

Yeah, turning the other cheek sounds good in the bible, but Jesus didn't play goalie. Turning the other cheek didn't work out so good for Terry Sawchuk.

Sawchuck.jpg

I was at a local hockey store and he had one of those old KOHO oval sticks (navy blue with yellow KOHO lettering).

Does anyone remember those? A customer dropped it off for him to put up on the wall.

I cannot find a picture anywhere online of it but it brought back memories of every kid just having to have one of them at the time (20 years ago perhaps?)

The blue with the yellow print were the XL3, or the XL5, which showed up about 4 months after the first of the ovals, the black with yellow print XL1. The XL1 was the stiffest with the XL5 being the most flexible. I had a XL3 myself and never used a stick before or since that I could whip a wrister like I could with that stick, but I couldn't take a decent slapshot with it to save my ass. All were replaced by the more squared XL Pro, which was the same navy blue, but with white lettering. My dad treated himself to one of those and wouldn't let me touch it, as being assistant coach/puck getter he somehow needed that stick.

Anyone remember the Titan Turbo's while we are on composite sticks before they called them composite sticks? I had an original (which became the silver), then a couple of golds which were wicked stiff, like using a 2x4.

I remember the old Lange skates. Back when I started playing hockey in the 70's had a pair of these; the ski boot like liners helped out since some of our games back then were played on outdoor rinks.

My favourite sticks were the Titans ones; liked the plastic along the bottom - tended to lean on my stick quite a bit and these sticks would wear out as fast. Have a Koho stick with the plastic along the bottom as back up stick. One stick I remember for not so good reasons was the Cooper green stick, or as i called it the green stick fracture.

Years ago had a pair of CCM white with red and blue striping all leather long cuff gloves. Wished I kept them. Traded them in when I switched to the longer hard cap elbow pads; have since switched back to smaller soft elbow pads.

Still using a Jofa 390 helmet playing out and in goal - great fit and love the padding they used inside.

On the NBC team I was on a couple years ago one player had a Spalding helmet and it had the size number on the back (7 1/8 ??). He was the oldest guy on the team (in his 60s). The goalie wore all 70s gear (including the black and blue bruises).

Have a pic of me from the late 70s with the Lange skates, and a pic of the goalie from 2008.

2198368770102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

2489211470102258651S425x425Q85.jpg

I think that one word will sum up old equipment. "COOPERALL" The long pants that kept you sliding and sliding. Amazing they never lasted longer HAHAHA